1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lyumjev

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by bonerp, Feb 7, 2022.

1. bonerp

bonerp · Well-Known Member

Anyone using this in a pump in the UK? I'm on FIASP and find it great if I'm in a range of 4.5 to 12 but anything higher seems to take an age to come down. Then crash later!

This new one is the fastest with a shorter run off.

thanks

2. Soplewis12

Soplewis12 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry I have never heard of this type of insulin. I use novorapid and find it can be too quick at times, especially prebolusing.

3. Hertfordshiremum

Hertfordshiremum · Well-Known Member

I am not on a pump but use Fiasp. Find the same thing re effectiveness. My nurse mentioned Lyumjev to me about 6months ago but I haven’t heard anything since. I know it’s new and she was waiting for it to be available in my area.

4. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If your high and its taking long time to come down then the crash is likely caused by over correction during the high. I can at times suffer this on novorapid (when being impatient).

5. derivadow

derivadow Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with Fiasp - over 12 mmol/L and it is far less effective than below. I think this is one of the issues with Fiasp. To get around it I tend to correct highs with a smaller bolus and set a temp basal. I then cancel it once I'm back in range (assuming I still have IOB).

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook