Lyumjev

bonerp

Anyone using this in a pump in the UK? I'm on FIASP and find it great if I'm in a range of 4.5 to 12 but anything higher seems to take an age to come down. Then crash later!

This new one is the fastest with a shorter run off.

thanks

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Anyone using this in a pump in the UK? I'm on FIASP and find it great if I'm in a range of 4.5 to 12 but anything higher seems to take an age to come down. Then crash later!

thanks
Sorry I have never heard of this type of insulin. I use novorapid and find it can be too quick at times, especially prebolusing.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

thanks
I am not on a pump but use Fiasp. Find the same thing re effectiveness. My nurse mentioned Lyumjev to me about 6months ago but I haven’t heard anything since. I know it’s new and she was waiting for it to be available in my area.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your high and its taking long time to come down then the crash is likely caused by over correction during the high. I can at times suffer this on novorapid (when being impatient).

derivadow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same problem with Fiasp - over 12 mmol/L and it is far less effective than below. I think this is one of the issues with Fiasp. To get around it I tend to correct highs with a smaller bolus and set a temp basal. I then cancel it once I'm back in range (assuming I still have IOB).

Reactions: lindaburner