1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

MaioMaio won't connect.

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by DD2207, Jun 7, 2019.

1. DD2207

DD2207 Type 1 · Newbie

Have been using a MaioMaio as a CGM with xdrip for a few weeks now. However it's stopped working and won't connect. Have tried charging, uninstall/installing app again, updating software to nightscout, recharging CGM and using with glimp app. However nothing has worked. Has anyone else had this prob? Any ideas?

2. Cobia

Cobia LADA · Well-Known Member

Yep know where your comming from.

With the mio mio. reset it.

With the phone regardless whats reading the mio mio.

Its probably managing power to the app (glimp or xdrip) turn off the power management for the app and the blutooth port.

Hope that helps ive been chasing this problem for a while.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, @DD2207 , another possibility might be that your phone's OS has updated recently?

I've been getting a few 'reminders" recently to upgrade to a newer OS, but I've always ignored them because I've seen too many posts from folks finding that upgrades messes with xDrip+. I'm still running android v7. V9 caused lots of problems.

It's sometimes worth having a look through the open and closed issues page at link below. The xdrip developer, JamOrHam, and his team contribute to it, and take note of issues with a view to fixing them, so it's like top level stuff.

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues

4. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Agree. Have only had to do this a couple of times, so it's easy to forget that there is an on/off hole in the base of it! Where's that cocktail stick?

5. Cobia

Yep was having this problem in Android 7 / 8 /and 9 in my s7.

Even tried linage in it but its the power management it wants to shut down things after a period of time.

Stable now running android 9 no problem.

Ps. Android 8 is as far as samsung took the s7.

6. Cobia

Another thought with glimp and xdrip.

If glimp is saying sensor not found.

Try turning miao miao over it should get clearer readings mine does. :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook