Managing type 2 with diet

Type2"N"me

Hi..I was diagnosed with type 2 about 10 months ago and take 500 mg of metformin a day and have removed a lot of carbs from my diet. I am finding that even if I stray from my diet forna few days that my blood sugara rise and I feel very sleepy and lethargic. Is it posaible that I have become hyper sensitive to beige carbs or is there something else going on?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi..I was diagnosed with type 2 about 10 months ago and take 500 mg of metformin a day and have removed a lot of carbs from my diet. I am finding that even if I stray from my diet forna few days that my blood sugara rise and I feel very sleepy and lethargic. Is it posaible that I have become hyper sensitive to beige carbs or is there something else going on?
It says to me that you are still carb intolerant and that it would be best not to "stray" from your way of eating.
you were hyper sensitive to carbs hence your T2 diagnosis so avoiding them would be the sensible policy.

Reactions: Type2"N"me

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is not just the beige carbs that you should be avoiding, there are a lot of hidden carbs out there.

Reactions: Type2"N"me

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, the more carbs you eat the worse you feel, the fewer you eat the better you feel.
There is nothing surprising about that but it is a good lesson to learn.
As has been pointed out it isn't the colour that matters, it's the fact that they are carbs.
Keep reading around the forum because there is great wisdom to be found here.
Welcome to the boards:)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is exactly how it works - you have got back closer to normal and your brain and body like that.
When you push your blood glucose levels higher various parts just give a dismal sigh and subside into lethargy.