1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Managing work-life balance

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jack19, Jan 1, 2008.

1. jack19

jack19 · Newbie

I am a manager HR in a small organization, dealing with all employees personally. I found that many of my employees are finding it difficult to maintain work-life balance. Because of this they are already exhausted when they come to the workplace and are not productive. These work-life balance issues are hampering their productivity. I want to address this issue as soon as possible.

2. hems

hems · Newbie

In today’s workplace it is an issue being dealt by HR managers. Some of them are adopting policies to support work-life balance, including increased managerial workloads. It is important for employers to offer practices that appeal to all employees. The biggest obstacle to implementing good practice is in many cases the difficulty of persuading individual line managers to accept more flexible working arrangements. I came across a good site called http://handoutsplus.com which is having good resources and information on work-life balance and employees stress management issues. They distribute free workplace, health and wellness fact sheets. They have a lot of mental health topics. If you sign up on their list, you'll get them. I think every other month. They go out automatically in MS Publish, Word, and a PDF. You get rights to copy and distribute them internally.

3. Administrator

Administrator Family member · Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Administrator

I can't work out whether this is spam and quite what is has to do with diabetes...

4. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

I've been thinking the same thing!

5. Dennis

Dennis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Looking at Jack's previous post, that also was not specifically diabetes related. He obviously feels that we are such intelligent and helpful folk that we will be able to sort out all his problems for him.

Perhaps this website would have been a better place to pose the question
    http://www.employersforwork-lifebalance.org.uk/

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook