Marathonmona's 8 week 800 calorie diet

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I averted danger again at work.
Cheese,salami, pizza and some amazing hazelnut chocolate concoction. I sat there with my Diet Coke...
I had some peanuts last night. They took me over but I felt **** and hungry. I actually felt better instantly, like I'd tamed a monster. Was ok after that

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Expert - not really - they are all so different. The first Lab we had was Fred (also known as 'Saint Fred') who never put a foot wrong and did everything you ever read about that the perfect Lab can do. Sadly he went from us much too young with cancer aged 7 and since then we live in hope that we'll get another one just like him but its never happened. Having said that they are all gorgeous dogs in their own right (except, possibly, Jack) with very different personalities and abilities.

The strange one is Archie (a Labradoodle - mum Chocolate Lab / dad white standard Poodle) who is a nursemaid dog. He is very happy to sit by you for hours if you feel poorly just with his chin lightly touching a bit of you - and he can sense cancer seemingly by smell. He's done it several times now (puts his nose to where it is and just sniffs and sniffs and won't stop) and each time its been confirmed by hospital diagnosis. Its fairly awful for us when someone visits and Archie does his 'thing' especially if they don't already know about it.

Jack had a fairly rough puppyhood and came to us when he was a year old with lots of issues that we thought we could fix - we couldn't. :(

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I averted danger again at work.
Cheese,salami, pizza and some amazing hazelnut chocolate concoction. I sat there with my Diet Coke...
I had some peanuts last night. They took me over but I felt **** and hungry. I actually felt better instantly, like I'd tamed a monster. Was ok after that

Well done for withstanding the cheese, salami, pizza and hazelnut chocolate thing - I think my problem at the moment is not being able to eat things that I've been able to eat while low carbing. Its like I'm doing a diet within a diet and my husband is so confused. He is used to my 'treat' being different kinds of cheese and cold meats so when he came home last night with a carrier bag full of deli cheeses from Morrisons it was so hard to say no.

Talking about chocolate hazelnut.... have you tried the Alpro chocolate hazelnut icecream - it is REALLY nice and just one scoop is 60 calories.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Expert - not really - they are all so different. The first Lab we had was Fred (also known as 'Saint Fred') who never put a foot wrong and did everything you ever read about that the perfect Lab can do. Sadly he went from us much too young with cancer aged 7 and since then we live in hope that we'll get another one just like him but its never happened. Having said that they are all gorgeous dogs in their own right (except, possibly, Jack) with very different personalities and abilities.

The strange one is Archie (a Labradoodle - mum Chocolate Lab / dad white standard Poodle) who is a nursemaid dog. He is very happy to sit by you for hours if you feel poorly just with his chin lightly touching a bit of you - and he can sense cancer seemingly by smell. He's done it several times now (puts his nose to where it is and just sniffs and sniffs and won't stop) and each time its been confirmed by hospital diagnosis. Its fairly awful for us when someone visits and Archie does his 'thing' especially if they don't already know about it.

Jack had a fairly rough puppyhood and came to us when he was a year old with lots of issues that we thought we could fix - we couldn't. :(

I love dogs so much dammit. The thought of Max dying makes me want to cry for days.
I want him to live forever Your dogs sound great- even the naughty one hehe.

Wow. Archie. How amazing.

I've just got in and got caught in a most almighty rain and thunder storm; Max hates being dried but he hates being wet too

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done for withstanding the cheese, salami, pizza and hazelnut chocolate thing - I think my problem at the moment is not being able to eat things that I've been able to eat while low carbing. Its like I'm doing a diet within a diet and my husband is so confused. He is used to my 'treat' being different kinds of cheese and cold meats so when he came home last night with a carrier bag full of deli cheeses from Morrisons it was so hard to say no.

Talking about chocolate hazelnut.... have you tried the Alpro chocolate hazelnut icecream - it is REALLY nice and just one scoop is 60 calories.

'A diet within a diet' is exactly right. I am so used to munching on cheese and olives... Almonds and steak with butter.

My daughter is a vegan and funnily enough she has bought the Alpro ice cream before. Might give it a try... if I can stop at a scoop that is!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I love dogs so much dammit. The thought of Max dying makes me want to cry for days.
I want him to live forever Your dogs sound great- even the naughty one hehe.

Wow. Archie. How amazing.

I've just got in and got caught in a most almighty rain and thunder storm; Max hates being dried but he hates being wet too

How strange - our lot love being dried - they put their nose between our knees and jiggle from side to side as they are being rubbed with a towel. :) I was just thinking how strange that ALL our dogs have always loved it but I think its been passed down from dog to dog as we have never had just one, they have always overlapped. (If you know what I mean.)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
'A diet within a diet' is exactly right. I am so used to munching on cheese and olives... Almonds and steak with butter.

My daughter is a vegan and funnily enough she has bought the Alpro ice cream before. Might give it a try... if I can stop at a scoop that is!!

Its hard.... just keep in mind that one scoop is a treat ;)

I miss all those foods - especially nuts. :( My favourite summer dinner is in the garden with a glass or two of wine and lots of deli meats, cheeses, olives, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella pearls and a token bit of salad...... and I stuck a note with this on the fridge as my reward for completing the first eight weeks - but as Mr Chook pointed out by the time the first eight weeks are up it won't be summer any more. :wideyed:

(I've just had Mr Chook talking about his time off over Christmas - is it me, or is this year moving round very quickly????)

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How strange - our lot love being dried - they put their nose between our knees and jiggle from side to side as they are being rubbed with a towel. :) I was just thinking how strange that ALL our dogs have always loved it but I think its been passed down from dog to dog as we have never had just one, they have always overlapped. (If you know what I mean.)
This thread is beginning to turn into a shaggy dog story :)

Reactions: marathonmona

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Broke the stone barrier this morning by half a pound. Yay!
Hopefully it won't have gone up again by Monday

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on breaking the stone!!!! Its such a boost when you hit a target, isn't it?

I'm thinking of setting myself some mini targets - I've done the first stone, so maybe getting in to the next jeans size down, moving in to the next BMI level - that kind of thing. Maybe some goals in pounds or kilos - just can't think what - my brain doesn't seem to be working today - its probably the carbs in my lunch. :)

I just had 150g container of Tesco raspberries for lunch - I usually have raspberries or blackberries as 'fruit' because they are low carb but these ones weren't. I put them in to the myfitnesspal app and because they are the 'supersweet' variety (currently on special offer for £1) the carbs were 18g - much higher than I expected. I stupidly didn't check for carbs before I ate them and I've got another container for tomorrow.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/559615650

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done on breaking the stone!!!! Its such a boost when you hit a target, isn't it?

I'm thinking of setting myself some mini targets - I've done the first stone, so maybe getting in to the next jeans size down, moving in to the next BMI level - that kind of thing. Maybe some goals in pounds or kilos - just can't think what - my brain doesn't seem to be working today - its probably the carbs in my lunch. :)

I just had 150g container of Tesco raspberries for lunch - I usually have raspberries or blackberries as 'fruit' because they are low carb but these ones weren't. I put them in to the myfitnesspal app and because they are the 'supersweet' variety (currently on special offer for £1) the carbs were 18g - much higher than I expected. I stupidly didn't check for carbs before I ate them and I've got another container for tomorrow.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/559615650

Yes-a great idea. My ultimate target is 12 stone, which seems like a lot but I remember from a loooooong time ago I looked great at that weight. But then that's still a long way off (although in total I've now lost nearly 39lbs so nearly 3 stone).

I'll just keep going and celebrate EVERY pound lost haha!! . I'm getting lots of compliments at work so feeling good.

I made a big pan of 'bigos' (Polish stew with sauerkraut) this morning and have divided into five portions. It's delicious.

Reactions: Peerless67

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Half way through the first eight weeks :)

I'm doing this a day early as I won't be able to do it on Monday morning... so:

Weighing day No. 5 for me

This week I have lost 3lbs making a total lost since beginning the ND of 16lbs

Monday 14th August - my BMI was 34.7
Monday 21st August - my BMI was 33.1
Monday 28th August - my BMI was 32.6
Monday 3rd September - my BMI was 32.5
Monday 10th September - my BMI is 32.1

My waist is now 3 inches less than it was when I started

FBGs this week as follows:

04.09.17 - 6.5
05.09.17 - 7.1
06.09.17 - 6.4
07.09.17 - 6.6
08.09.17 - 6.2
09.09.17 - 4.9
10.09.17 - 6.1

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My thoughts on my statistics....

I just WISH that I could get my FBGs a bit lower. I know my body is very good at adjusting but with only 800 calories going in I'd expected it to be down in the 5s at the very least. :(

I think with the slow rate of loss and the total amount that I need to lose (another 2st), I will be carrying on the ND for the full 12 weeks - if not longer. I'm actually finding it a bit easier each day to do this, again my body is adjusting to the reduced calories and since those awful first few days I've not really been hungry and I'm finding my meals satisfying.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

04.09.17 - 6.5
05.09.17 - 7.1
06.09.17 - 6.4
07.09.17 - 6.6
08.09.17 - 6.2
09.09.17 - 4.9
10.09.17 - 6.1

Really great results @Chook and well deserved for sticking to this for so long. I am in total admiration!

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2

04.09.17 - 6.5
05.09.17 - 7.1
06.09.17 - 6.4
07.09.17 - 6.6
08.09.17 - 6.2
09.09.17 - 4.9
10.09.17 - 6.1

Whoooop!!!!

Wonderful results!

Congratulations. And I'm so happy you're on the same journey as me. Maybe those FBG numbers will come down more as your weight drops.

I'll be going beyond the 8 weeks too although I've yet to have an 800 calorie day. I feel a bit of a fraud. Haha.
Let's just say I'm on my own version of 800 calories

Reactions: hillj757

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A stone!! That's amazing for three weeks.
Well done for being so organised too!

I still hanker after food and find it astonishing how many times I've said "no, thank you" to food. It's made me realise why I've got so big in he first place! Ha!

I really do hope I lose a bit more than a pound a week over he next 5 weeks. Let's see...
Doesn't matter what you lose the thing is, you ARE losing do keep going and you should make it in the end. Good luck

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Four weeks done

Weight loss: 3 lbs for a total of 14 and a half pound.
FBG 5.8
No loss of inches on my waist.
I'm happy!