Meal Delivery Boxes?

Hedz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been T2 for many years and never really achieved any weight loss on the old 'eat well plate' regime. However these past few months I have been on a couple of Low Carb information workshops and am raring to give this lifestyle a go as it makes so much sense to me.

However I am disabled and find cooking difficult, my husband resorts to bunging anything with chips and no veg into the oven most days and all my efforts of a healthy ish online food shop go in the bin at the end of the week!

Therefore my question is there a food box delivery service which offers Low Carb options? If the recipes and ingredients are all prepared then it's worth a trial to see if with his help we can create tasty and healthier meals and hopefully this will lead to weight loss and a happier mealtime too!

Thanks.

Reactions: annscullamus

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been T2 for many years and never really achieved any weight loss on the old 'eat well plate' regime. However these past few months I have been on a couple of Low Carb information workshops and am raring to give this lifestyle a go as it makes so much sense to me.

However I am disabled and find cooking difficult, my husband resorts to bunging anything with chips and no veg into the oven most days and all my efforts of a healthy ish online food shop go in the bin at the end of the week!

Therefore my question is there a food box delivery service which offers Low Carb options? If the recipes and ingredients are all prepared then it's worth a trial to see if with his help we can create tasty and healthier meals and hopefully this will lead to weight loss and a happier mealtime too!

Thanks.

No personal experience of it, but this company claims to do it. There’s a 40% off offer that pops up when you go to the website: https://www.greenchef.co.uk/pages/top-keto-delivery

Hedz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you. Would you know what the difference might be between Keto and Low Carb please? The GreenChef options are 4 Keto and 3 lower carb meals per box. I am also considering joining somewhere like DietDr or The Low Carb programme if I cannot find a suitable fresh box.

Thanks

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Would you know what the difference might be between Keto and Low Carb please? The GreenChef options are 4 Keto and 3 lower carb meals per box. I am also considering joining somewhere like DietDr or The Low Carb programme if I cannot find a suitable fresh box.

Thanks

I would imagine that keto has a lower carb content. You’d need to check the site for details. Keto is often defined as less than 20g/carbs a day, so would depend upon how many meals they assume in the day.

Personally, I think this is an expensive way to acquire simple foods. Meat, fish, eggs, green veg, cheese can all be ordered either in bulk or in desired portion sizes from supermarkets and other online suppliers and if recipes are required, then I’d say that Diet Doctor is your friend - you’d likely get what you need from their free information but a few on here use their paid meal plans to good effect. More choice than a pre-prepared box too.

Hedz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would imagine that keto has a lower carb content. You’d need to check the site for details. Keto is often defined as less than 20g/carbs a day, so would depend upon how many meals they assume in the day.

Personally, I think this is an expensive way to acquire simple foods. Meat, fish, eggs, green veg, cheese can all be ordered either in bulk or in desired portion sizes from supermarkets and other online suppliers and if recipes are required, then I’d say that Diet Doctor is your friend - you’d likely get what you need from their free information but a few on here use their paid meal plans to good effect. More choice than a pre-prepared box too.

That's a better solution thanks!

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a better solution thanks!
I'm afraid that you'll need to re-educate your chef.. the good news is that he'll probably get way healthier too.. mabe try and sell it to him like that?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am also considering joining somewhere like DietDr

There is a lot of free info. and recipes without subscribing, so best to take a look before you pay anything

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think, though, the food box delivery service option is a marvellous one for folks who don't like to cook, but like to eat. I often think how much better would things be for me if it existed back in the day when I was cooking for a household. If you don't like to cook (or can't get too much into it because of disabilities etc) these services are a breath of fresh air.

Especially when there is even a choice between low-carb, and keto food boxes. Wo ho!

I say this because cooking is about recipes, shopping, and keeping a well stocked easy to use kitchen. All qutie involving. I do this, and even like it now in my life, but this was not always the case, and that box delivery service would indeed have been a boon.

It could be a nice transition stage to being the commander in your kitchen? Getting used to keto/LCHF recipes and ingredients? And eating them. (Yum!)

Or is could be a forever kind of thing - both great wins.

Anyone read the ingredients and nutrition breakdown of the food box services in question?