Meal times

Nicole22

Hey
Well I just wanted people opinions on something

you see since being diagnosed (in mid May) I have always stuck to eating 3 meals per day , a small breakfast, a small lunch and my dinner all at normal meal times (7-10,12-2,5-7) however this morning due too working 13 hour shifts for a few days I woke up and tested my sugars (4.8mmols) but i fell back too sleep shortly after. I woke up and I felt it was too late too eat breakfast so I skipped. However since I’ve noticed my sugars not really dropping as low as they have been doing and I also tested before a meal and they’d risen too 5.5mmols. Does anyone else experience this? I’m using insulin semglee and novo rapid at the moment.

Nicole22

Thankyou that’s great information :) you see I do find that when I’m working (I’m on my feet for most of the shift) my sugars tend too be extremely low even in the 4’s after a meal (unless I have a hypo which I’ve learned too avoid). So I do think my sugars change with my exercise , also I find that if I don’t have a small snack before bed (too make my sugars 4.7-5.2) my sugars tend too be higher than normal, do you think that’s also due too my body pumping out glucose if it feels it’s too low? I find 1/2 an apple will do the trick (without insulin) , and I tried a frozen apple (due too the weather) and it worked great.