Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
smifffy40 said:
Yeh nice to talk to others with same condition...its good crack..Cant wait to go for next sitting in 12 days time... keep in touch..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hi smiffy.

What work is being done at your next sitting ?

Do you ever draw or sketch any of own ideas with your tattoo's ?

We haven't had many replies as to why folk can love, or be addicted to having tattoo's
done .
It still fascinates me as to the why this is .... :?:

With me being able to draw,sketch a 'bit' I love looking at the artwork involved in a tattoo .
But was so irritated with the sensation of having one teeny weeny one done havent the patience
to sit through a long one like you can .
It burned like irritating sunburn and I was glad when it was finished .

This is why I think how do folk get to liking these being done! ???

Anna.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Cruelty to kids or animals.
Spongers who just dont want to work.
Immigration policy (no im not racist before people say)
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
People who are too old to drive (two bad experiences ive seen lately)
Hi..I dont know whether people like having them done but like me ..like tattoos. .some sadists probably do enjoy the pain.. altho i do enjoy the pain challenge(so yeh im a sadist lol) I look forward to my next sitting because I know it will look better 3 hours later not the pain..although its like flying, injections etc...we know we have to go through with it to get to the final goal.
Im getting the scales and head coloured then a japanese tulip in the middle and possibly water...
I dont draw stuff, I get ideas off internet , but luckily my tattooist has the same taste and he has great ideas and pictures and like everybody should with their tattooist..have confidence in him/her...

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Everyone is different in the pain threshold so what others find painful others won't, I cant wait for my next tatt but dunmo what I want lol although thinking the blue circle.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
blueeyed81 said:
Everyone is different in the pain threshold so what others find painful others won't, I cant wait for my next tatt but dunmo what I want lol although thinking the blue circle.

I wear a band to tell people what i am (only recently after 21 years of having diabetes).....but wouldnt like it tattooed on me...Thats my personal opinion but would never slate/discourage people from doing it.... Everybody has there own tastes.......I actually think they look good in the right place x

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
blueeyed81 said:

By the way...Thats one big tongue lol...xx

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
smifffy40 said:
blueeyed81 said:

By the way...Thats one big tongue lol...xx
How do i post a topic on this site???

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi smifffy :)
To post a new topic go to the Board Index (where you arrive when you log in).
Select a suitable forum heading.
At the top left of the screen is "New Topic"
Click and the text box comes up.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my tattoo priced up yesterday. I did ask for two designs, the red blood cell, as yet unquoted, and the hollow blue circle 2" in diameter, £40 by Sween at Dark poetry in Ramsbottom.
I can't make up my mind where to have it.
I asked for the hand but he won't do that, so wrist or on the stomach above the pancreas methinks.

@myroomsadisco

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MCMLXXIII said:
Had my tattoo priced up yesterday. I did ask for two designs, the red blood cell, as yet unquoted, and the hollow blue circle 2" in diameter, £40 by Sween at Dark poetry in Ramsbottom.
I asked for the hand but he won't do that, so wrist or on the stomach above the pancreas methinks.

@myroomsadisco
Depends how big it will be ?
Wrist is a good location for obvious reasons .
How often do they undress you take your shirt off in a hypo ?

Hope this helps you fathom out 'where' to have it done ...
£40 sounds quite reasonable a price .
Mine was £20 as it was just 'Diabetic' worded only on my left wrist .

Anna.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
anna29 said:
MCMLXXIII said:

@myroomsadisco
Depends how big it will be ?
Wrist is a good location for obvious reasons .
How often do they undress you take your shirt off in a hypo ?

Hope this helps you fathom out 'where' to have it done ...
£40 sounds quite reasonable a price .
Mine was £20 as it was just 'Diabetic' worded only on my left wrist .

Anna.
Thankyou. That helps:smile: I wanted it on my hand but the artist said that's a no no. Wrist seems next best thing.

@myroomsadisco

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's always good to have tattoos in places that can ve easily covered up. As much as they have become more popular recently bosses can still be stick in the muds regarding corporate appearance etc

Also the wrist is a good idea as people are likely to look there for either a bracket or to take your pulse.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently and been trying to find some good designs. Is there a specific coloured ribbon for type 2. I don't really get affected by my diabetes.... I've just got an itch to get another tatt lol

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
Anna. I can confirm blood sugars do not come down with me whilst going through a tattoo today. I awoke at 3am this morning. .my blood 16, had some quick acting insulin and then woke at 8am, blood 15...Took my normal insulin at 8.15 and just before my tattoo at 11 with no food I was 16. My blood eventually went to 10 at 1pm ( halfway thru tattoo) ..Basically all day untill teatime I had a pint of orange juice. Normally I wouldve eaten quite a bit.
It just shows the stress of a tattoo keeps the sugars up (for me anyways)
Tattoo took 4 hours . Its taking a while because its a cover up and having to go over and over on some parts.

Attachments

• 1366145887503.jpg
    1366145887503.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,306

sarah1282

Ive got 13 tattoos. The legs and back are a good place to tattoo but with me I found my arms took ages to heal. I love tattoos but not sure I would want the fact im diabetic tattooed on me. Thats just my opinion but knowing me and my love for tattoos I will end up getting one done lol.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smifffy40 said:
Anna. I can confirm blood sugars do not come down with me whilst going through a tattoo today. I awoke at 3am this morning. .my blood 16, had some quick acting insulin and then woke at 8am, blood 15...Took my normal insulin at 8.15 and just before my tattoo at 11 with no food I was 16. My blood eventually went to 10 at 1pm ( halfway thru tattoo) ..Basically all day untill teatime I had a pint of orange juice. Normally I wouldve eaten quite a bit.
It just shows the stress of a tattoo keeps the sugars up (for me anyways)
Tattoo took 4 hours . Its taking a while because its a cover up and having to go over and over on some parts.

Hi smiffy .
With having your tattoo done over a long sitting - your body was probably chucking out a lot of adrenalin and cortisol to
cope with the pain and stress factor's .
[cortisol is our own bodies hormone released at any trauma,injury,infection,inflammation or even stress]
[adrenalin is the bodies surge to fight or flight energy source]
These will have impacted on your blood sugars too .
Dont you feel quite sore 'or' in pain after a long tattoo job being done?

The flower is a real contrast to the Koi Carp with its vibrant blue/yellow ink .
I do like the details of the fish scales and its face plus its tail/fins .
The art work of it is AMAZING :thumbup:

Why 'do' folk get an itch to get 'another' tattoo done ?
Have asked this before as I cant get my head on this one ...

Your pint of orange juice will have kept you steady though other natural things happening
in your body probably contributed to your spike, as you didnt eat much during the day.

Am glad you are okay and have given us all an update on this .
Anymore work or plans to have more done ?

Anna.

smifffy40

Dislikes
Tories.
Carol Vorderman.
Anna, Thanks for the insight into adrenilin etc etc. I actually had the juice half hour after my blood was 10..
My tattoo is to cover up an horrible tribal tattoo i had.. You can still see the old one through this in the pic, but cant in real life if you dont know.
It was quite sore after, but nothing anybody couldnt handle.
I still have japanese maple leaves, water and something else to do in 3 weeks time. I am going all the way round my arm but might leave that for a few months because it has already cost £320 (need some money for hols lol).
Wife doesnt like the colours but says its my arm and my choice. I guess we all have our own tastes.
Going over the old tattoo was the most painful but none was too bad until the very end when he went over the tail again. I heal really well and i guess thats because i have good blood levels (apart from when i get tattooed), which you want to make sure of before considering a tattoo to escape infection etc
Im not ruling more out in the future , I have other ideas.
Im not addicted to them, just like them.
I wouldnt have a diabetic symbol tattoo or writing (but would never say to people dont get them, its theyre choice/taste), although i like the medical symbol often used for diabetes of a sword and 2 x snakes