Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My opinions are that Metformin helps a tiny bit to control my blood sugar levels, along with eating less than 50g carbs/day I have maintained a non diabetic HbA1c for over a year now, such that three months ago I dropped from 3 x 500mg per day to 2. Metformin also has other health benefits, here an article about it:
https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2001/9/report_metformin/Page-01
Ramipril is the remaining BP med that I take, I was taking two meds prior to my Type 2 diagnosis, but with weight loss from low carbing my BP dropped so I stopped the other tablet and now just take 6.25mg of Ramipril/day. It has kidney protecting effects so happy to continue to take it.
Frusemide is not a med I have ever taken so have no experience to talk about it personally.

Edit for clarity.

Last edited:

ejones4765

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have read so much different info about Metformin, I just wanted opinions. I also have orange coloured urine.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with @catinahat if you’re not dehydrated then a visit to the dr would be wise

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, a trip to the GP is called for.

Do you take any vitamin or mineral supplements?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Frusamide is a diuretic so you may not be drinking enough to keep hydrated however, as others have said, check with your GP.

Reactions: kitedoc

MargaretR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As Daphne 917 said, furosemide is a diuretic. I take either 20 mg or 40 mg a day, depending on how swollen my ankles are. ( more swollen 40 mg, less swollen 20 mg. I only take 40 mg if I’m at home all morning, and am close to a loo. )

When I take 40 mg I produce a lot of very pale urine. If it was orange I’d take myself off to the GP, and make sure I kept drinking plenty until I got to see him/her (which could be a month in our practice)

ejones4765

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As Daphne 917 said, furosemide is a diuretic. I take either 20 mg or 40 mg a day, depending on how swollen my ankles are. ( more swollen 40 mg, less swollen 20 mg. I only take 40 mg if I’m at home all morning, and am close to a loo. )

When I take 40 mg I produce a lot of very pale urine. If it was orange I’d take myself off to the GP, and make sure I kept drinking plenty until I got to see him/her (which could be a month in our practice)
Thank you