Medication Review

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, how often do you have a medication review with your gp or pharmacist at your surgery?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Every 12 months, usually after my usual blood tests for HbA1c etc, I get the review at the diabetic clinic when we discuss my results.

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, how often do you have a medication review with your gp or pharmacist at your surgery?
Never, and I'm on quite a few medications (including a controlled drug).

Last edited:

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Supposed to be annual, but some surgeries moved them to our birthdate so one year they were delayed.

I always get mine as I'm on a controlled drug. And I've asked for an extra in year one when I'm finding the painkiller mix isn't working as well.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It varies. Supposed to be once a year, but usually longer than that. However, if I've got any issues I can request an appointment with the surgery pharmacist who does the review.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There have been many medications reviews appear on my record, but I have not been included in the process, ever. That siad, my GP now seems bored by those and has resorted to serial Qrisk scores being added - none of which I can replicate, but then, nobody has ever, EVER enquired how tall I am or how much I weigh.

My GP is not running high in my estimations at the moment, which is such a shame.

Reactions: pumas

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Similar here, but as it works in my favour, I'm not making waves. The only exception is the annual attempt to put me on statins. And even the annual so-called review takes place over the phone, so what in hell good that does I have yet to find out. They'd do the (annual) blood test over the phone if they could.

I'm like Brer Rabbit - lie low and say nuthin'.

• Funny
Reactions: MissMuffett

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have never been invited for a medication review.
Every so often, I notice my repeat prescription says my GP needs to review my medication before the next repeat but that happens without me.
My only medication is insulin (plus test strips and Libre). Although this is approved by my GP), it is specified by diabetes clinic. My GP has little knowledge of my diabetes management.