Medication revy

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Teesideguy, a little more information would be helpful. What type of diabetes you have and what medication you are on? Do you know your latest HbA1c result?

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Teesideguy66

In our practice they usually request that you have a blood test done a few days earlier so they can review your results. Do you have your own blood test meter and have you been testing yourself? If so, then take your meter to your appointment. They will also need a urine sample. They will weigh you, and then discuss with you how you are progressing. They will review any medication you are on. I find it useful to write down any questions I may have beforehand, as I usually forget them at the time!
Hope all goes well!

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My practise is much the same as Frances- I'm not on medication but do have the blood and urine tests and they check the results and my weight.
I agree that you should write down any questions you have so that you remember to ask them. Also write down any symptoms that may be causing you concern.

If you are on medication you may want to ask (if you are not sure) why they prescribe that medication. Certainly wasn't told why I was prescribed metformin or what it would do or any symptoms it may give. I'm lucky- I was prescribed slow release and no symptoms but others have symptoms and I think doctors should give some warning.

The other thing you should definitely ask for is a printout of all of your results. The printout I get list the last 3 or 4 of everything so I think that is helpful.

I agree with the suggestion to take your meter or the results with you- that may be able to give in formation to the doctor about your medication- more information can only be useful.

Good luck.