1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Medichecks hs-CRP Result

Discussion in 'Ketogenic diet forum' started by Jim Lahey, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just received my high sensitivity C-reactive protein results of 0.97mg/L

Obviously I’d be surprised if anyone cares but I’m over the moon with that. The healthy range is between 0-5 so less than 1 is pretty bloomin’ good. Unfortunately I don’t have a prior measurement with which to compare, but I’m very sure it would have been much higher prior to diagnosis.

Just thought I’d share with those who have a passing interest in these types of data :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    #1 Jim Lahey, Jun 6, 2019 at 1:23 PM
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. mike@work

[email protected] Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well, after that "if anyone cares", I just have to say
    NICE WORK!
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jim Lahey

Thanks. I’m very happy. In addition to my previous HOMA-IR I really feel like I have been doing everything right all this time.

CAC scan next year perhaps...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance but what does hs CRP measure?

5. Caeseji

Caeseji Type 2 · Well-Known Member

FANTASTIC WORK!

Seriously, it goes to show what some work on your nutrition will do Jim! Always an inspiration with this data and it gives so much optimism to people too. Knowing how things were going for you on the conventional advice it was probably through the roof.

C-Reactive Protein, it's a measure of inflammation that is present in the body if memory serves me right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Jim Lahey

C-reactive protein (CRP) is a protein released by the liver in response to inflammation in the body. High sensitivity (hs) is the type of testing used to measure it. Low CRP is a marker of low atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease risk. It’s not infallible but is a good cheap method of testing. That is my basic understanding anyway.

EDIT: cross posted with @Caeseji - thank you for the sentiment. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook