Medicinal Marijuana question

chosen2030

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have there been many studies on the impact of marijuana intake, and Diabetes Type 2 and it's medical complications?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @chosen2030 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Back in my yooof? (sorry "youth".) As a young T1 "experimenting."??

The "jury" is still out...

Though my Doctor at the time cautioned me regarding what i was mixing it with to help it burn..
We all know the dangers of that.

I feel these days i can manage my BS better with a clear head.

Having said that. It would be great to see some links to sensible studies regarding all types..

Reactions: kev-w

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
My Dad's T2, and in quite a lot of pain (back and hips). I'd be interested to know if it would help, as the opiate based drugs supplied by his GP don't really do a lot any more, aside from making it hard for him to sleep at night and putting him to sleep in the morning. But he's on quite a lot of meds, so wouldn't dare give it to him without doctor's approval, which isn't going to happen till it's legalised (he's 87, so probably not in his lifetime.) As for myself, have been curious, but as a T1 not confident as to what would happen as regards hypos so haven't indulged.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like alcohol I'd say the effects of marijuana could be confused with a hypo. personally I smoke and don't see a problem using in moderation, but then I don't touch alcohol as for me it mixes poorly with insulin, but that's me and with it being illegal I wouldn't suggest it to another.
My GP suggested I quit tobacco when I mentioned my vice to him years back.