Medinova - type 2 drug trial

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Medinova are asking on facebook for volunteers to participate in a "clinical study" (aka drugs trial) to "fight against diabetes."

As I am concerned to help diabetes patients by educating the health pros about the benefits of LCHF lifestyle against the HCLF diet promoted by DUK & NHS, I got in touch. They assured me I would get a full diabetes checkup at the assessment appt.

Of the 15 checks we should expect to have, they tested:
BMI - 27
BP - 143/76, pulse 61
HbA1c - 6.5% (47) by finger prick test.
They asked about eyes/digestion problems

They didn't ask about smoking/drinking/exercise/diet/kidney/ or do any other physical tests - foot sensitivity/cholesterol/
though I did assure them that I had no ongoing diabetes (or other) related health problems

I mentioned the SABRE project I have been involved with since 1990 (study of heart & diabetes related health problems by ethnicity.) They were familiar with it & I could assure them that all tests & scans showed up nothing to follow up.

The net result is that I am unsuitable for their project - my control is too good!

The drugs to be studied are a weekly injection (choice of 2) to supplement metformin.

http://pressreleases.responsesource...ova-joins-fight-against-diabetes#.Vx9y4HX2Zv5

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
They took a copy of the LCHF presentation I prepared for the Hounslow diabetes support group. "Very interesting."