Type 1 Medtronic 640g & Fitbit/Garmin watches

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, really hoping someone can shed some light for me as very little on the internet.

I wear a minimed 640g & have the Enlite Sensor/CGM. I am really keen to get a Fitbit/Garmin type watch to track activity/heart rate etc. I would love it if it could also tell me my blood sugar in real time. Don’t need it to do anything more than that, would continue to use my pump/CGM but nice to know what BSL is at the a glance of the wrist!

Also just coming across info on DIY technology-is this how I could maybe get them all to sync?

Thanks in advance!!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi Marie, I'll tag @tim2000s for his wisdom on this, hopefully he will have some answers for you :)

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Also should add...I’m open to any brand of watch, I’m just unable to change the pump/sensor combo!

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's possible to set something up that will pull data from the 640G and transmit it to the watch, but you'll need an Android phone connected to the Carelink USB stick that pulls data every five minutes, and then some additional software on it.

Details can be found at http://www.nightscout.info/wiki/welcome/nightscout-and-medtronic-640g but it's not an out of the box solution.

Thanks so much for the reply!

Unfortunately i have an apple phone-is it not possible with an iPhone?