1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

MEDTRONIC 670g

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by masonbason63, Oct 6, 2019.

1. aphex2k

aphex2k Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Will see how it all pans out. I'm planning on getting bloods done relatively soon just so I can see my actual a1c and if it's come down since switching over to the 670. I guess it might have come down but I also feel I'm higher than average, lots of the time. Yes, I'm avoiding hypos, but at what cost? Running high all the time?

The system works well at night - seems to pick a figure and holds me there (anything from 7.x to 8.5). Often I hit minimal delivery over night and have to enter a BG to keep in AM. I don't get DP or anything like that, never really have.

Still learning, not giving up yet!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Gary61

Gary61 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe my Hba1 as well because my pump does the same but seeing is believing so you mind hopefully find a nice surprise when you do

3. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I only bolus 25 units once or twice a year for a good curry or pizza, so not often, one problem I did have after being a diabetic for 25 year was that certain parts of my body would not absorb insulin so now I have to be careful where I put my captors otherwise my bloods go sky high or sometimes just a little high and then I just have to change my captor, such is life after being a diabetic for 51 years, certainly cgms make life easier, but not perfect

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook