Medtronic 780g

joanne75

Hi

Looking for advice please I am currently on the Omnipod and have been offered the Medtronic as a partial loop system to get better control but would have to self fund the guardian sensors which I believe are in the same price bracket as Dexcom. I can’t afford the sensors just wondered if anyone has been funded for both. T1 34yrs thanks in advance.

Dexta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m still using the M670g the 780’s predecessor and I’m funded the Guardian 3 sensors due to little or no hypo awareness (T1 46yrs).
There’s really not much point in having these pumps without the sensors, but I think you already know that.
What I don’t understand is why they expect you to self fund when all T1’s should be offered CGM or Flash monitors, unless they expect you to pay the difference between the two costs which seems trivial.
I would certainly be asking your care team some questions. Post Code lottery?
Please let us know how you progress with this if you can and good luck.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm due for pump renewal shortly, and can choose the Medtronic 780g or the Tandem Tslim2, but the hospital cannot guarantee I'd get the sensors, as the CCG are still using the old criteria for eligibility for CGM at the moment. Hospital team are well aware of the new Nice guidelines, and are equally as frustrated as their patients. I presently get Libre 2 on prescription.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I currently have the 670g (as mentioned earlier its the predecessor of the 780g) with the Guardian Sensors funded - this is mainly cos my blood sugar levels overnight are completely unpredictable (ie sometimes I need very very little basal else I'll hypo or I need a lot when my DP kicks in at 3am) and I have no hypo awareness whilst asleep (ie I wont wake up)

Reactions: megan

joanne75

Thank you all I am going to send my DSN an email over the weekend and see what they say. It’s absolutely ridiculous to go onto a new pump when I will gain no more benefit than my existing pump.