Medtronic insulin sets recalled

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Good afternoon everyone,

Medtronic recently recalled batches of their quickset infusion sets as they could give more insulin thru it then your pump has been displaying. In the 6 weeks before that annoucement (my pharmacy called me straight away) i was all of a sudden suffering night hypo's and also start gaining weight which was weird. Apparently all the boxes I had used were the affected batches.
i was so shocked that i couldnt even rely on the most basic parts of my pump i stopped pumping all together and went back to injections. Guess what, i feel a lot better now and start losing the weight again (sticking to less then 50 carbs at the moment).
Has someone here experienced the same with recalled batches or stopped pumping and went back to injections?

Love to hear from you.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi Maria - I got a letter yesterday from Medtronic stating it's Ref: MMT-390, LOT 5017112 of Quick Set infusion sets. Not sure if any other infusion sets are affected, fortunately I don't have any of the offending items.

I have however have recently had some bad set changes recently but put this down to the placing of the sets, as once they were changed i've managed to get my BG levels back in range, however even just yesterday I managed to hit 19 mmol/l, it's not very often it happens, but it's a pain when it does as it took me about 10 hours to get back into range again.

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Thanks juicyj, i live in Ireland and for one dark reason many of the recalls ended up here. Now using injections again my BG stays perfect ranging between 6.4 and 8.6 so i am very happy.