Medtronic + UPS.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone else had any issues with the ups delivery service based in the UK? Also why the hell do Medtronic ship everything in tiny bundles?

My 780G was dispatched Friday the 18th & it’s been sent in 4 small bundles. First package came yesterday with infusion sets & reservoirs, another package came today with one pack for guardian sensors. Then I’ve got another 2 shipments currently in transit, both where suppose to come today but are now delayed. One package will be the pump itself with all the guides etc & the other is one more box of sensors. I understand sending the pump & infusion sets separately Incase it goes missing so instead of losing the full shipment it’s only partial but 4 bundles seems over the top.

Out of the 4 packages I’ve had 3 messages saying my parcel is out for delivery then when I’ve tracked it towards the end of the day it’s either been in Germany or the Netherlands.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had similar issues with UPS for my medtronic stuff, it says out for delivery yet at 11:59pm it still says 'oh it might still turn up today', yeah right ....
One time they even left it outside the front door when I wasn't in (I'd only gone out for about 30 mins but still) - I did let Medtronic know as the UPS should not have left it outside

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm waiting for a Medtronic delivery today, it says it should be here by now but the tracking says it's in Germany o_O
Maybe the 4 packages are from different locations? I've ordered stuff I've had to pay for from them at the same time as my consumables and they came separately. Not related at all but I ordered some stuff from George (Asda) and that came in 2 parcels, the stuff was ordered together and they were dispatched and delivered at the same time.
I don't usually have any problems with Medtronic deliveries, they usually come when they say they will.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've had similar issues with UPS for my medtronic stuff, it says out for delivery yet at 11:59pm it still says 'oh it might still turn up today', yeah right ....
One time they even left it outside the front door when I wasn't in (I'd only gone out for about 30 mins but still) - I did let Medtronic know as the UPS should not have left it outside

That’s exactly what’s happening with me, still says due for delivery today but it’s in Germany as far as I’m aware. My Guardian sensors where left outside today actually..

I'm waiting for a Medtronic delivery today, it says it should be here by now but the tracking says it's in Germany o_O
Maybe the 4 packages are from different locations? I've ordered stuff I've had to pay for from them at the same time as my consumables and they came separately. Not related at all but I ordered some stuff from George (Asda) and that came in 2 parcels, the stuff was ordered together and they were dispatched and delivered at the same time.
I don't usually have any problems with Medtronic deliveries, they usually come when they say they will.

What i don’t understand is why all 4 packages went to Koeln in Germany, 3 of them where supposedly there at the same time. But all 4 packages are coming at different times. This order was placed by the hospital as it’s my first pump so I couldn’t place the order. I work for Amazon part time & to be honest they do similar stuff where I might deliver one parcel at 11am but there’s been another bloke been there at 10am with another parcel. Strange set up

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That is a bit weird, maybe it's because of customs or maybe some packages need extra security checks? I guess it's like when you check your suitcases in at the airport for a flight and yours comes out first and your family member's comes out 150 cases later :hilarious:
Hopefully you'll get them all soon :)
My pump warranty expired in September and the hospital can't tell me when I'll get my new pump because I have to go there to get it :arghh:

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That is a bit weird, maybe it's because of customs or maybe some packages need extra security checks? I guess it's like when you check your suitcases in at the airport for a flight and yours comes out first and your family member's comes out 150 cases later :hilarious:
Hopefully you'll get them all soon :)
My pump warranty expired in September and the hospital can't tell me when I'll get my new pump because I have to go there to get it :arghh:

My hospital wouldn’t allow me to pick it up from the hospital, had to be sent to my house. Makes things easier for me, I’m just being impatient. Don’t start training till the 7th I just want a play haha