Medtrum advice

Vickstar36

Hi,

New here. I've only been on Medtrum cgm nano for a week and have been asked to decide by tomorrow whether i want to stay on it, or go back to using libre 2. I don't have any hypo awareness signals so have to rely on technology and i'm finding it stressful. My finger prick tests, libre 2 and Nano cgm are all different numbers and I don't feel unable to trust any.

I was wondering if anyone had any aadvice, and if there were any others who use the Nano cgm by Medtrum as i am also using the older A6 version of their pump atm and will be getting transfered onto the newer smaller one when their supply gets delivered. Not sure what to do as i have really low readings, lowest recently i have had was 0.8 but i get no awareness so the easy loop with the cgm is why i got put on this as my long term test is actually now in normal range, for a person without diabetes. But i have been type 1 since 2 and i'm now 28 so my DSN is worried about me. Any advice or help is much appreciated, thanks.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
My finger prick tests, libre 2 and Nano cgm are all different numbers and I don't feel unable to trust any.

What sort of range are you getting? After 51 years my hypo awareness is poor, and I rely on my dexcom for warnngs at 4,4, but luckily it mostly agrees with my glucometer.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
After 51 years my hypo awareness is poor, and I rely on my dexcom for warnngs at 4,4, but luckily it mostly agrees with my glucometer.

Actually, I'll correct that, it's not too bad during the day, but I don't reliably wake with night time hypos and I have a history of losing daytime awareness if I have too many daytime hypos. (Though running above 6 for a while dramatically improves my daytime awareness.)

Vickstar36

Oh, and most important, welcome to the foums @Vickstar36 . :)

I'm getting anywhere between LO to highest i think is 20.1 this week. I have on average atm 11 hypos a day. I'm very insulin sensitive. I'm thinking staying on the Nano is best idea as it does stop my insulin when my levels drop. I'm just nervous about using new technology.

Many thanks for the advice and feedback.

Vickstar36

Only thing that concerns me is that the cgm runs 20mins behind finger prick tests so by the time i am low i'm really low as the cgm doesn't know until i'm well below 3. So I'm unsure why diabetes is moving towards using them as they're very inacurate and quite dangerous tbh. Finger prick tests seem to be only ones that are reliable.