Meet new people?

Chloemoore16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Had diabetes for 15 years now. Never in that time have I meet anyone with diabetes, it was always people that didn't have it and would loved talking about it but never understood what I was going through.... I would love to be able to talk to people with diabetes and get to know people with it.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi @Chloemoore16

I'm not sure where you are, but @ewelina and @Type1Bri organise Type 1 meet ups here in London every couple of months. You would be very welcome. We have people travelling up from the south coast and even from Cambridge and Lincoln. We're a friendly bunch, there are several around your age, and the peer support is priceless :)

Reactions: ewelina

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had diabetes for 15 years now. Never in that time have I meet anyone with diabetes, it was always people that didn't have it and would loved talking about it but never understood what I was going through.... I would love to be able to talk to people with diabetes and get to know people with it.
Hello :) I don't know where you are in UK but if somewhere near London please join us in our fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/864727986969226/

Chloemoore16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm no where near you both I'm in Kirkby in Ashfield Notts and have no way off getting 2 you as don't know the places xxx

M

mist

Avoid those diabetic people, they are a menace to society (and they eat kittens and puppies)

:)