1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Meeting with nurse today

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Resurgam, May 17, 2019.

1. DavidGrahamJones

DavidGrahamJones Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's a great shame, I have learned a lot from my PPG and just looking at allowing patients access to their records is a process where I was amazed at what is required of the GPs themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I have David. Ironically I was told by a couple of people on the forum that it wasn’t worth it.

3. Listlad

Ours was very slow. One individual tried to get one going and had to threaten them with legal action to get some action. :D

#23 Listlad, May 22, 2019 at 1:27 PM
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. Listlad

That is what I do. They tend to forget you otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CondorX

CondorX Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We also use it to denote No Fixed Abode - hopefully, that wasn't what they meant!! Over the years I have noted a lot of poor communication between various official healthcare agencies - the Trust I work for is right next to the big general hospital, but the communication between the two trusts is dismal. I am pretty sure that there was joined-up thinking about your appointment and this was a totally different one to the diabetes checks. Best to try to find out - be pro-active, it's best.

6. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

This morning I had a phone call from my practice to arrange an appointment - oh good, I thought - I will get some checks done - yes - but for my cholesterol.

7. Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No Fixed Abode? (Joke) I have had an HbA1c in the 30's for 5 years but am still summoned annually and do appreciate the foot check, monitoring of B12 levels and BMI etc.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook