Memory prod!

lynbrown

Over the past month I have forgotten a couple of times to take my bed time long lasting insulin, meaning my BG readings are too high all the following day. Has any one got a good way to remind myself to inject?
Thanks

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the past month I have forgotten to take my bed time long lasting insulin, meaning my BG readings are too high all the following day. Has any one got a good way to remind myself to inject?
Thanks
You could set an alarm on your smartphone providing you carry one with you the majority of the time?

In addition to the above, there are many free diabetes related apps that have that function built in.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A cooker timer worked for me. I no longer take medication but I once used to. I forgot sometimes and sometimes I took it and wasn't sure if I had done so since I could always remember taking pills all the time. I had a pill box that rang, I had an alarm clock with two buttons and fifty things it could do with them and I had a cooker timer.

Forget all the buttons. Set a cooker timer for how many hours you want (simple buttons) and put it where you can hear it. I still use it as an alarm clock. It's a bloody sight simpler than a real alarm clock.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Over the past month I have forgotten a couple of times to take my bed time long lasting insulin, meaning my BG readings are too high all the following day. Has any one got a good way to remind myself to inject?
Thanks

An alarm or, my preferred method - put your injection pen where you can't miss it and where you'll be going at injection time eg on your pillow.

Or, failing that, stick a note somewhere you'll see at bedtime eg on bathroom mirror.

Reactions: noblehead

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to take other meds the same time of day, so that's how I remember.... injection first, then take my other meds. I picked a time that wasn't too late or too early for me... so 8.30 pm is the time I use every night. At first I set an alarm... but now I just automatically keep an eye on the time and stop what I'm doing and take my insulin and meds.