Menarini GlucomenLX Plus acceptable by DVLA?

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone know if DVLA accepts a GlucomenLX Plus as suitable for recording blood glucose levels?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Anyone know if DVLA accepts a GlucomenLX Plus as suitable for recording blood glucose levels?

I use it so it had better be! - especially as my GP's surgery gave it to me.

Edited:- Yes, because it conforms to the ISO standard.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I use it so it had better be! - especially as my GP's surgery gave it to me.

Edited:- Yes, because it conforms to the ISO standard.
I was also given one as I was also prescribed a sulphonylurea which could cause hypos.
Are you using GlucoLog? I've just downloaded it and when the cable arrives from Menarini I'll be able to copy data off the glucometer to PC. At present I just copy results by hand into a spreadsheet I constructed that does all the calcs annd graphs. GlucoLog will save a bit of time and give more useful data.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was also given one as I was also prescribed a sulphonylurea which could cause hypos.
Are you using GlucoLog? I've just downloaded it and when the cable arrives from Menarini I'll be able to copy data off the glucometer to PC. At present I just copy results by hand into a spreadsheet I constructed that does all the calcs annd graphs. GlucoLog will save a bit of time and give more useful data.

Tried Glucolog but my computer will not recognise that the meter is connected to it. Spent an hour and a half on the phone with Menari technical help desk and they gave up, promised to send me a new cable which never arrived.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
So long as it holds 3 months or readings then yes.. if not then no..

I test 10 times a day so have a meter with a .memory or 2000 readings so there is enough

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @searley You need to look the age of threads if you're replying to someone. Better to start a new thread if you have questions.