1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Menarini GlucomenLX Plus acceptable by DVLA?

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by miahara, Oct 5, 2018.

1. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Anyone know if DVLA accepts a GlucomenLX Plus as suitable for recording blood glucose levels?

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I use it so it had better be! - especially as my GP's surgery gave it to me.

Edited:- Yes, because it conforms to the ISO standard.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was also given one as I was also prescribed a sulphonylurea which could cause hypos.
    Are you using GlucoLog? I've just downloaded it and when the cable arrives from Menarini I'll be able to copy data off the glucometer to PC. At present I just copy results by hand into a spreadsheet I constructed that does all the calcs annd graphs. GlucoLog will save a bit of time and give more useful data.

4. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Tried Glucolog but my computer will not recognise that the meter is connected to it. Spent an hour and a half on the phone with Menari technical help desk and they gave up, promised to send me a new cable which never arrived.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook