Mental health

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How's everyone feeling lately? I've had my struggles with anxiety and depression
It’s a struggle for me. I have periods where I’m doing okay, then things will build up and I feel really anxious. I‘ve recently joined the gym and am working out pretty intensely. That has helped me a lot. Now to avoid injuries. I also took a mini vacation and that was magical. I’m planning another for as soon as possible.

I’ve considered meds for anxiety, but haven’t requested it from my doctor yet. A good friend tells me they help. Idk.

I talk with a lot of people who are struggling with anxiety and/or depression. Diabetes sort of magnifies I think.

How are you doing?

Reactions: lis@41

lis@41

Hi I take antidepressants which are used for anxiety too. They do help me. If I didn't take them I'd have no motivation, taking them gives me that push I need to get on with day to day things. Don't struggle if you don't need to. Speak to your doctor and if one medication don't work you can try others. Thank you for your message. Always good to chat about things.

Reactions: Prancy

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I take antidepressants which are used for anxiety too. They do help me. If I didn't take them I'd have no motivation, taking them gives me that push I need to get on with day to day things. Don't struggle if you don't need to. Speak to your doctor and if one medication don't work you can try others. Thank you for your message. Always good to chat about things.
Ok. I’ve spoken with my Endo and primary doctors about my anxiety several times, when I’ve gone in for other matters. They don‘t seem to think it’s that bad I guess. I’ve taken the screening form too. I’ve even done online quizzes that say I have moderate anxiety. I don’t understand it. It seems like severe anxiety to me. I suppose I have to just ask them outright for a med.

I have so much on my plate lately…..managing T1, trying to run a business, care for my ailing parents, exercise, and maintain 2 houses….it’s just not feasible to do it all. I realize everyone has their own individual issues. I’m not the only person struggling. I’m glad there are sites like this to share and get support.

Are you in Europe?

lis@41

Hi, I know how you feel I've got a lot going on pressure of life, supporting family too. As well as trying to deal with diabetes every day not easy, tbh exhausting. This can all build up and cause stress and anxiety and some doctors don't understand that some people need a bit of help now and again. It can be a viscous circle.
Yes I am in England.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I know how you feel I've got a lot going on pressure of life, supporting family too. As well as trying to deal with diabetes every day not easy, tbh exhausting. This can all build up and cause stress and anxiety and some doctors don't understand that some people need a bit of help now and again. It can be a viscous circle.
Yes I am in England.
This is true. I don’t think people realize what a toll it takes.

There is a foundation that has a website called Taking Control Of Your Diabetes. It’s run by a couple of T1 endocrinologists. They have videos that really help. There‘s much humor and compassion. I am not associated with their group. It’s just a great resource.

I’m in the US. I’ve been to England once many years ago and loved the place. I hope to return one day.

Reactions: lis@41

lis@41

This is true. I don’t think people realize what a toll it takes.

There is a foundation that has a website called Taking Control Of Your Diabetes. It’s run by a couple of T1 endocrinologists. They have videos that really help. There‘s much humor and compassion. I am not associated with their group. It’s just a great resource.

I’m in the US. I’ve been to England once many years ago and loved the place. I hope to return one day.
Hi hope you're keeping well

Reactions: Prancy

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi hope you're keeping well
Hi! Yes, I’m doing quite well. I‘m not sure why, but my anxiety is better lately. In fact, I’ve been feeling rather euphoric. Lol. It must be the endorphins from my exercises.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m encountering some issues lately. I loved the way I felt before. I was so relaxed and happy. Having to deal with some health issues….hopefully, things will work out ok.

• Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's great @Prancy

Do you know what caused the great results?
Well…..sort of. I’ve lost 42 pounds since March of this year. My diet is tight and packed with nutrition. I don’t eat very much. And, I take supplements to address some vitamin deficiencies I had. I wasn’t absorbing B12. And, I work out 5-6 days per week. My A1c wasn’t great. The same as my last one. But, not terrible. It’s considered controlled. I’m working so hard. I have ordered the Medtronic 780G. Hopefully, i can get it soon. Now, I use 670 G. I did have some tingling issues, which scares me. I’m having it evaluated by a neurologist. Just focusing on the positive and getting my BG numbers down more.

He did cut my blood pressure med down in half. It was running too low after my weight loss.

Last edited:

jsmagnin

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, have you tried to practice Yoga? I find it really helpful to avoid bad moods. Maybe this could be another thing for you. I hope you can find something.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, have you tried to practice Yoga? I find it really helpful to avoid bad moods. Maybe this could be another thing for you. I hope you can find something.
Hey. I haven’t tried yoga, but have done some meditation exercises with online videos. I will give it a try. There may be a class at my gym. Since my post above, I have seen a neurologist and am having tests. That makes me anxious. I would like to avoid medication if possible.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34