Menu planning

Judith1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Please help, I'm struggling to follow a goid diabetic diet and think that having a set weekly menu plan will help me. Could anyone advise what the best book would be for me. Thank you

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi judith1970, you could have a look at the dr michael mosleys serialisation in the daily mail, his eight week low carb high fat seems fairly ok or get a copy of jenny rhuls diet 101 ,clive

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please help, I'm struggling to follow a goid diabetic diet and think that having a set weekly menu plan will help me. Could anyone advise what the best book would be for me. Thank you

Judith - There are a couple of threads on here for T2s entitled "What have you eaten today". I would suggest the Low Carb one is the most favourable guidance for someone trying to control their bloods by diet. Although it isn't a menu planner, it will show you what others are eating and give you lots of ideas.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

There is also a book 'eat fat!' By Trudi Deakin that gives excellent food ideas.

There also used to be diet plans, including shopping lists from Tescos and some of the slimming clubs so i did a quick search and found this:
http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/01/week-one-ketolow-carb-7-day-meal-plan-progress.html
And this
http://authoritynutrition.com/low-carb-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/

I have no idea if you are wanting weight loss, or not, but i would be wary of any of many pre-made diets. They may suit you perfectly, but from what i have seen, they have more carbs than i could tolerate, and often rely on processed sauces and shakes etc. which dont work for me because of sugar content.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 people