Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @nessa1970 Great news about the pump :)

Remember that the effort needs to be put in at the start to see the results so be patient with it, the results are worth it eventually.

Reactions: dbr10

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas to you too, Nessa.

It's been a challenging year for you, for sure, but you seem to be coming out of it in a better place than you were in a few months ago. Well done for working through it all. I could see it wasn't easy for you.

Good luck with the pump. I understand they bring their own learning curves, but are worth it in the end.

Reactions: dbr10

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Merry Christmas to you and your family. Here's to the new year...

Reactions: Robkww and dbr10

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry Christmas! Getting a pump was probably the best day in my diabetic life. Good luck!

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep us posted on the pump progress. Never been there but am interested. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Merry Christmas and seasons greetings, wishing you all the best for 2018 ( pump included)
580b57fcd9996e24bc43c390.png

Reactions: Sibyl

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Merry Christmas all. I get my pump between 18th - 31 Jan. Medtronic say it will be delivered on the 18th Jan to the DE, I just need to get an appointment.

Reactions: Sibyl

iHs

My tip re pumps is try to test bg levels every 2hrs during the night. This will help the pump dsn set up the basal rates correctly instead of just using the same amount of insulin for every hour.
Also, walk first with a pump and only run when confident with using the different ways of delivering a bolus.
Get plenty of bg teststrips prescribed ......about 250 and a good finger pricker.
Most pump problems have been discussed on the pump threads.

Reactions: Sweetheart66

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
My tip re pumps is try to test bg levels every 2hrs during the night. This will help the pump dsn set up the basal rates correctly instead of just using the same amount of insulin for every hour.
Also, walk first with a pump and only run when confident with using the different ways of delivering a bolus.
Get plenty of bg teststrips prescribed ......about 250 and a good finger pricker.
Most pump problems have been discussed on the pump threads.
Thanks, great advice, however I won't be following the finger stabbing every 2 hrs. I showed interest in the CGM, by the time I got home from the DE there was an email from Medtronic with an order (for me to pay), so I will only be doing 4 stabs a day. The DE said she thinks the basal rates can be stablised in a week or 2 with CGM.

iHs

Thanks, great advice, however I won't be following the finger stabbing every 2 hrs. I showed interest in the CGM, by the time I got home from the DE there was an email from Medtronic with an order (for me to pay), so I will only be doing 4 stabs a day. The DE said she thinks the basal rates can be stablised in a week or two

Good luck with the Medtronic sensors.