1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Metfofmin And Ileostomy, Another Bowel Problems

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by meardonna, Jun 24, 2018.

1. meardonna

meardonna Type 2 · Active Member

When i was diagnosed and after the it must be your diet ****, the dr began talking about medication. As a biologist and with my other health conditions i did some research. I found this research paper along with a few other similar studies with same findings. I have these to my consultant who ignored them and still put me on metformin with disastrous consequences. I wonder why research is ignored??
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4307179/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Ebathome

Ebathome · Newbie

Hello, my mother was rushed into hospital on Friday, she is a diabetic type 2 and has had an ileostomy for 57 years...I am currently doing my own research as she was prescribed Metformin about 4 months ago, I am interested to hear your views as a week later we still do not have a diagnosis and I am convinced it is Metformin associated lactic acidosis...I’m curious to know how you are and if you discovered anything thank you

3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Ebathome you have replied to a thread that’s over two years old, meardonna hasn’t logged in for a long time, so I’m not sure she’ll respond. I advise you to create your own separate post to get better responses to your enquiry.

• Useful Useful x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook