Metformin……..feeling cold

7of9raf

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed last week with t2 does anyone else have cold fingers, toes and generally feeling cold, before this I was always a fairly hot person!

A

Anonymous

Hello,

Do you mean as a side effect of Metformin or generally, compared with how you were in previous years.

I suffer with poor circulation in my feet (so they're cold) and this improves with my BG control. I think lots of us do and lots of us are on Metformin, but I'm not sure the two things are connected.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was also really hot pre diagnosis but have since been told that is one of the symptoms of db. I was always feeling the heat and turning the heating down but others in the house were cold. I didn't own anything with long sleeves until this winter.

I now feel the cold but I think that's because I have lost weight and bg is under control. My body's thermostat seems to be back to normal. :)

Also, a few weeks ago I had difficulty getting to sleep as my feet were so cold. I had to put socks on to get to sleep-first time in my life that I have had to wear socks to bed! Don't know if it's metformin related or poor circulation or just normal.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn't overly hot before diagnosis. I do feel the cold now (get really chilled after going by the fridges in the supermarket), but this only came on about 15 months after diagnosis and a trip to New York when the temperatures were -12 degrees celsius in the daytime. I'd always assumed my temperature problems were to do with the hysterectomy I had 3 months after diagnosis. Haven't considered it may be the metformin before it was mentioned here.

7of9raf

Today was a warm day, per diagnosis I would have been outside without a jacket today I wore a fleece, tonight my toes especially the big ones actually hurt and are throbbing, thick socks haven't worked either.

GranRita

Was diagnosed t2 2years ago. I had noticed my feet were cold most of the time!This was before the metformin was prescribed. Therefore, it could not have been the metformin to blame, just t2. I also suffer with pins & needles in my fingers. Very annoying when I am trying to knit. I have to wind that activity up for a while, but I will not let it beat me!!!!!!! Any solutions out there? Please. This winter, I have worn: thermal socks & thermal tights. Not very glamorous but so cosy.& they have helped.

losinen

I get the pins and needles in my fingers too - didn't put it down to the diabetes - does it mean I have start of neuropathy?