Metformin and glicazide

Susan1955

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My 3 monthly blood sugar has recently jumped from 6.5 to 12.8 and despite increasing Metformin to 200mg per day and 160mg of glicazide in a morning my daytime sugars are still in the 9.5 and above region. They are usually okay first thing in a morning. I have been recently diagnosed with gastritis of the stomach wall and a hiatus hernia and wondered if the rise in my blood sugar can be linked to this. I have had type 2 diabetics for 12 years and have always been very stable so am at a loss as to why they are suddenly so high. I am trying to get my 3 monthly test below 6,9'so I can have surgery which was recently cancelled due to high blood sugar levels. Am seeing the diabetic nurse soon and wondered what other options are available. They have talked about introducing another medication but I am worried about my kidney function as it was deteriorating last year and my GP and I worked hard to reduce certain pain medication to improve function.

Reactions: letsgethealthy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Susan1955
welcome to the forum:)
I can't help with your particular query but am giving the post a bump to see if others may be able to offer some support