Metformin And Supplements

Al Horn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m a newly diagnosed type 2, and was put straight on 2 1000mg Metformin tablets per day. Over the last 5 weeks, together with a diet, it’s not particularly low carb but I’ve managed to have a 6.1 Glucose average level. I have also been told that Pharma Nord Bio Gluco Control can Help maintain ‘normal’ blood glucose levels. Would this be bad to take with my tablets? Obviously I will ask my doctor when I can get an appointment!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have also been told that Pharma Nord Bio Gluco Control can Help maintain ‘normal’ blood glucose levels
Metformin has been around since the 1950s and is known in the long term as a very safe drug. There have been so many other meds that have been touted as the best thing since sliced bread - until with the passage of a few years nasty side effects appear, and sometimes they even have to be withdrawn. Why risk it? Meds can only do so much in any case. Lifestyle - a lower carb diet and, if you are one of the lucky ones who finds it helps, exercise are so much more powerful. For us who are glucose intolerant, carbs are toxic. It really doesn't make sense to go on swallowing large quantities of something that is poisonous to us, and then try to counteract that poison with drugs.

Reactions: Shas3 and Al Horn