Metformin Oral Solution [emoji1785]

Meady74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tablets
Hi, my dosage of metformin is 2000mg a day. I was on 4 large tablets for that which to bo honest was getting really fed up with taking and would often not take them. I have no issues with tablets but these a big suckers.

So. I've gone over to Metformin Colonis oral solution. I think its some sort of weird peach flavour which was ok to begin with but, now it tastes horrendous taking 20ml a day.

I couldn't seem to find any information on whether I can do this or not but, can I mix this with something like ski yoghurt? It's got to geken with or just after food so

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't seem to find any information on whether I can do this or not but, can I mix this with something like ski yoghurt? It's got to geken with or just after food so
emoji2371.png
@Meady74 I would give it a try. I can't see any difference between having the oral Metformin solution as a mixer, as to taking it neat.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
emoji2371.png
Did you try asking a pharmacist?

Slayer Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It will be mixed with food in your belly so what’s the difference?