Metformin side effects

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had serious problems with metformin on first taking them last month. They changed me onto Sukkarto which I think is the slow release form? I seem to be a bit better on these but generally feel unsettled and like I'm going to have diahorrea but only had one bout on these tablets.Last few day mild discomfort stomach and feel like I daren't go far from home in case caught short? Touch wood I haven't been but feels like I will?This Wednesday I go on 2 tabs AM and 2 tabs PM so full dose.im hoping this calms down but worried after reading above

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
IF is intermittent fasting - I think,
I have had good results eating just twice a day morning and evening - back to normal in 6 months. I had such nasty side effects from Metformin though - I stick to low carb no problem - I really don't want to ever have high levels so that the nurse would be pushing me to take it again.
I have had to renew all my clothes twice though as I have shrunk down so much. I was XXL and now I can wear some Ms!!

Reactions: Vic01

Vic01

IF is intermittent fasting - I think,
I have had good results eating just twice a day morning and evening - back to normal in 6 months. I had such nasty side effects from Metformin though - I stick to low carb no problem - I really don't want to ever have high levels so that the nurse would be pushing me to take it again.
I have had to renew all my clothes twice though as I have shrunk down so much. I was XXL and now I can wear some Ms!!
That's fab well done, I tried to do the 2 meals a day but I end u feeling really sick inbetween so I was told I had to have a little somthing, it makes me fed up alot of the times as I feel like Im all over the place sometime 1 day can be Brill and the next can be high

Vic01

I had serious problems with metformin on first taking them last month. They changed me onto Sukkarto which I think is the slow release form? I seem to be a bit better on these but generally feel unsettled and like I'm going to have diahorrea but only had one bout on these tablets.Last few day mild discomfort stomach and feel like I daren't go far from home in case caught short? Touch wood I haven't been but feels like I will?This Wednesday I go on 2 tabs AM and 2 tabs PM so full dose.im hoping this calms down but worried after reading above
I actually started eating with mine and it all stopped you just have to mess around with it all and it can be confusing.

Reactions: Craigmartin