1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Metformin SR side effects

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by Tinytoez, Apr 7, 2012.

1. NoughtQAF

NoughtQAF Type 2 · Active Member

Hi I didn't find this thread when I searched! Thanks for the tag @GrantGam1337

It gives me relief to know other people have also experienced different reactions to different brands.

2. GrantGam

GrantGam Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It's not so easy searching for posts, although they are there.

The most important thing is that you're in the right community for help with your/our condition. The people on this forum are truly smart and experienced:)

I genuinely thought I had my diabetes well under control until I came here. When you share experiences, you move forward:)

Keep us posted with how you get on, get better soon!

Grant

3. Jsw1968

Jsw1968 · Member

4. Jsw1968

Jsw1968 · Member

Hi could you tell me did you swap to metabwg and did your sugars rise at the beginning? Thank you

5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

Hi this is a very old thread and most of the participants haven't been around for a couple of years..
    Maybe start one of your own with a question re metformin.. or have a look at the search results on the forum (there are lots!).

6. Jsw1968

Jsw1968 · Member

Thank you I’m searching for any info changed to metabet

7. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

No worries.. I changed what I ate and ditched metformin altogether.. I had very unpleasant side effects.

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook