Metformin....When?

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
I have been checking my levels to see which foods make my levels go up etc,I cant seem to get them below 14 at the moment,even though Ive cut out coke,cakes,chocolate and ALL sweet things.Ive also cut down on my carb intake and have been eating loads of veg.Ive cut down to more than half of the amount of coffee i used to drink and even changed from full fat milk to semi skimmed.I ate the same thing on 2 different days and one reading was 14 and the other time it was 16.9.My readings are averaging between 14-17 for the past week.
At the moment I am taking 500mg Metformin 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening,when i saw my doctor last week he told me to up them to 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening,and then to 2 in the mornings and 2 in the evenings,but didnt say when.Would you do that now or wait abit longer?
I began with 1 500mg and then last week had to start taking the 2.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Tracy.

Please check back with your GP and find out exactly what HE wants you to do. Might be totally different from any advice given here.