metformin

oojimmyflip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the smell of bacon boiling, sweaty feet, nose pickers and eaters. lol.
Monique,

if your nurse says its ok then I guess it must be then. you do have a point about dieticians they seem all to ready to drop you after a couple of visits.

and you are still very young.

best wishes Nigel. :wink:

Iain77

I am a type 2 diabetic

I have been taking
Metformin prolonged release 500mg x4
Rosiglitazon 4mg x1
Gilclazide 80mg x2
Omeprazole 20mg x1
Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg x1
Perindopril 8mg x1
Simvastatin 40mg x1

I started injecting Byetta last month on the 5mg pen and i started the 10mg pen at the begining off December.When i started Byetta i was told to stop taking Rosiglitazon and half the amount off Gilclazide to 40mg.

The Metformin i was taking was GLUCOPHAGE SR and i have been fine
I am now taking Metformin from a different manufacturer BolamynSR i was really sick last night as i went to bed and through the night and i have taken the metformin again and i am feeling queezy.

I have been fine on the Byetta only thing that has changed is the manufacturer of the Metformin

My blood sugars are running at what they have always been running at since i started the Byetta,Is it not true if i have an infection my blood sugars would be effected.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem/

Iain

Iain77

Monique,

I have been given the different brand metformin...I posted to see if anyone else had been ill with them,i was directed here to this thread.

I started taking the Bolamyn SR instead off Glucophage SR on saturday night,I was ill ,really sick on Saturday night.
When i was sick all i could taste was the tablets the same as when i took Metformin
I didnt cope well with normal Metformin so had to be put on SR Metformin.I kept saying that i was fine until i took the Metformin then i was sick,Finally someone agreed with me and changed me to SR Metformin.

Anyway I started taking Bolamyn SR and i got the same feelings being sick,nausea and stomach cramps.I kept taking the Bolamyn SR as i was told i would have to keep taking my medication ( even if it was making me sick).Yesterday i didnt feel to good ( blood sugars were fine) upset stomach ect.
The feelings started to disappear.

I have taken the Bolamyn again this morning and i have been fine.

Thank you for answering my question

Iain

Iain77

Thank you Cugila

That thread answered all my questions and didnt make me feel as though it was just me.
I kept taking the new metformin and i have started to cope well with it.
just the change over made me ill.

Thank you

Iain

-Gordon-

I was changed from Glucophage SR to Bolamyn SR and my body noticed the difference straight away. Stomach pains, bloating and transient rashes (ultracaria). It definately seemed an inferior product to me.

My doc said they were both just Metformin so the chemist can provide either. He used to provide Glucophage but now its Bolamyn - no choice. I'll bet its a price difference made him change.

I'll try to get Glucophage in future.

My daughter is having the same side effects, same brand change, same chemist.

Hmmmm