1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Miao Miao

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by IceLover, Oct 24, 2019.

1. IceLover

IceLover Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    I was thinking of getting a miao miao reader for my libre but i wanted to also get a smart watch. I previously had an apple watch but no longer have it and do not plan to buy another one. Also i have a iphone 8. I have seen plenty of cheap smart watches under £50 that say are compatible with android and iphone but im not sure if they will work.Therefore i would like to know if only apple watches work with Tomato app and iphones?
    Also is there a massive difference between miao miao 1 and 2? As i was just going to get 1 as its cheaper!
    Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/junchengdg...mart+watch+womens&psc=1&qid=1571929970&sr=8-4
    ( i was thinking of getting something like this)

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @IceLover ,

I'll tag in @porl69 who I belive uses a smart watch CGM combo set up.

He ma just have an idea on what you're looking for..?

3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tag @Jaylee
    Hi @IceLover (great name btw) as nice as that watch seems iI do not think it will be able to show the Tomato app on it. I use android and have a ticwatch pro smartwatch. Onn android the watch needs to be able to run Wear OS so that it can display Tomoato (or in my case Xdrip+)
    I will tag @LooperCat as she knows a lot more about Apple products.....she should be along later this afternoon

4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

I can’t really answer your question, I’m afraid - I’ve just upgraded my Fitbit Ionic to an Apple Watch to get extra functionality, and don’t know anything about other watches. Sorry :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. River83

River83 Type 1 · Active Member

I use a Garmin 735 along with Libre, MiaoMiao 1 and Xdrip +. There is an Xdrip or Nightscout watchface available on the Garmin store, both are which are good.

6. Charmaine1404_

Charmaine1404_ Type 1 · Newbie

7. 35yearsofType1

35yearsofType1 · Active Member

Hi - I have a MiaoMiao and I bought a Fitbit - there are a few watch faces that can use Tomato - Glance is the one I currently use - it’s fab. I couldn’t really afford an Apple Watch but love my Fitbit x

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook