Miaomiao

steveo4

Does anyone use a miao miao system? I would like to apply for a cgm but after doing some research it's highly unlikely that I would get one on the NHS.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
The NHS funds the FGM, the Abbott FreeStyle Libre, under restricted criteria. The MM is purchased separately, without funding, as a one-off attaches to the Libre, which in transforms it into a CGM. But it's is not recommended or supported by Abbott - actually discouraged.
I recommend the MM. It's a game-changer.

steveo4

Do you use it yourself? Is it a one off payment or do you need to buy any extra for it to work properly?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Do you use it yourself? Is it a one off payment or do you need to buy any extra for it to work properly?
It's a one-off payment. My MM connects to the xDrip app.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone use a miao miao system? I would like to apply for a cgm but after doing some research it's highly unlikely that I would get one on the NHS.
Hi @steveo4 ,

I do. What what device (phone.) do you use. Android of Apple.?

It is a one off purchase. The the MM is regarhable. you get every thing you need. There is also an app called "Glimp" that can work with it too.. As well as "Tomato." never used Tomato. xDrip & Glimp are pretty good!

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I have used the MM for a long time now. I am on my 2nd one now as i lost my first one (don't ask!).
I use mine with an app called xDrip+ which is much prefer over other programs, however I have never used Glimp so cannot comment on how good that is. The Tomato app from MiaoMiao itself is not worth bothering with in my opinion, but feel free to find out for yourself.

Your choice of mobile phone is important. I have an Android phone running Android v9 and i often have to reset my xDrip+ program throughout the day because it has lost its BlueTooth connection to the MM. I am fairly certain that this is a problem with my phone and not the MM however, because most other people do not have this problem.

When i first started using the MM I had issues with the adhesive tapes that come with it. They left red welts on my arm after about a week. I have since found out that just about every type of adhesive leaves welts on my skin apart from the adhesive used on the FreeStyle Libre itself (thank god). So again, do not see this as a common problem.
Also, when using adhesive, i found that after about a week, there was a bit of a smell coming from my arm. This was my arm sweating under the MM. I also had to clean the MM off thoroughly every time i changed it, to get rid of the smell.

Because of the adhesive/smell issues i invested in an MM Holder and arm band. I bought several different ones until i found one i liked. I bought one from Pimp my Diabetes and another from a company called Shapeways. They are usually made using 3D printers and come in lots of different styles and colours. I lost my first one because i chose one that did not use an elasticated belt. I got jostled about in a crowd and it must have fell off. Now i only choose ones that come with an elasticated belt.

Now i don't have to worry about adhesive issues any more and because i can take off my MM before having a shower, i can keep the area around my Libre nice and clean. I also do not have to worry about spending so much time cleaning my MM, because it does not use adhesive any more. A wipe down with a soapy cloth is enough, then thoroughly dry it. Some people wear their MM in the shower, but if you are using an armband, then you have to consider that the elastic band will get wet. It is not nice to wear a wet armband for any period of time.

I hope that all this helps you.
I would never be without my Libre/MM/xDrip+ setup now. It helps me hugely.
Good Luck

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used the MM for a long time now. I am on my 2nd one now as i lost my first one (don't ask!).
I use mine with an app called xDrip+ which is much prefer over other programs, however I have never used Glimp so cannot comment on how good that is. The Tomato app from MiaoMiao itself is not worth bothering with in my opinion, but feel free to find out for yourself.

Your choice of mobile phone is important. I have an Android phone running Android v9 and i often have to reset my xDrip+ program throughout the day because it has lost its BlueTooth connection to the MM. I am fairly certain that this is a problem with my phone and not the MM however, because most other people do not have this problem.

When i first started using the MM I had issues with the adhesive tapes that come with it. They left red welts on my arm after about a week. I have since found out that just about every type of adhesive leaves welts on my skin apart from the adhesive used on the FreeStyle Libre itself (thank god). So again, do not see this as a common problem.
Also, when using adhesive, i found that after about a week, there was a bit of a smell coming from my arm. This was my arm sweating under the MM. I also had to clean the MM off thoroughly every time i changed it, to get rid of the smell.

Because of the adhesive/smell issues i invested in an MM Holder and arm band. I bought several different ones until i found one i liked. I bought one from Pimp my Diabetes and another from a company called Shapeways. They are usually made using 3D printers and come in lots of different styles and colours. I lost my first one because i chose one that did not use an elasticated belt. I got jostled about in a crowd and it must have fell off. Now i only choose ones that come with an elasticated belt.

Now i don't have to worry about adhesive issues any more and because i can take off my MM before having a shower, i can keep the area around my Libre nice and clean. I also do not have to worry about spending so much time cleaning my MM, because it does not use adhesive any more. A wipe down with a soapy cloth is enough, then thoroughly dry it. Some people wear their MM in the shower, but if you are using an armband, then you have to consider that the elastic band will get wet. It is not nice to wear a wet armband for any period of time.

I hope that all this helps you.
I would never be without my Libre/MM/xDrip+ setup now. It helps me hugely.
Good Luck

Hi,

I looked at the clip on the Libre type holder & felt it could take the sensor with it if it was accidentally torn off?
I never used the round double sided tape to fix the MM to the Libre for the same reason.
The original armband that came with the MM kit kept slipping due to its minimalist design.

So I opted for one of these.. In grey. I take mine off bathing too. I use an old Samsung Note 4. It doesn't seem to have issue catching up with the graph data once I've put the MM & band back on.. But what I do is make shure the removed MM is kept near the phone.?

image.jpeg