Michelob Ultra

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where stocks Michelob Ultra these days? Sainsbury's round me seems to have stopped stocking it and I bought the last couple cans in Co-op a few weeks ago and they haven't got any more in since. I can't find any online either.

And I really fancy a cold beer.......

Reactions: michita

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hi @hels I looked at Tesco online after many others and they don't seem to be out of stock.

Reactions: michita

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Being a low carber, I stopped drinking beer 4 years ago but it’s so hot and I do fancy a cold beer ... I’m going to look for this beer tomorrow in my Tesco :)

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Wayward Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was managing to get this in my local Co-op, although I've not been in since before lockdown started (I stopped drinking in solidarity with my pregnant wife, and we're not having alcohol until she stops breastfeeding). It does seem to be really hit-and-miss though; my local Morrisons doesn't stock it, but the one in my parents' town does.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
As an alternative, Home Bargains do “Skinny Lager”, which I think tastes nicer. Same carbs.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was managing to get this in my local Co-op, although I've not been in since before lockdown started (I stopped drinking in solidarity with my pregnant wife, and we're not having alcohol until she stops breastfeeding). It does seem to be really hit-and-miss though; my local Morrisons doesn't stock it, but the one in my parents' town does.
My wife breast fed my two daughters until they were each about 2 years old. So with a short break that would have been 4 years without alcohol.

Reactions: Wayward Blood

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My Tesco didn’t have this Michelob ultra but they sell quite few gluten free beers. Then I realised I’m also gluten intolerant so I need low carb gluten free beer. Might be easier to stick to wine

Ali557

Where stocks Michelob Ultra these days? Sainsbury's round me seems to have stopped stocking it and I bought the last couple cans in Co-op a few weeks ago and they haven't got any more in since. I can't find any online either.

Hi, I’m in the north east and I’ve been looking for this for weeks! Supermarkets all seem to be completely out of stock. Not sure if you have any of the One Stop Shop chain round you but have been most successful there. Am going to start making some phone calls tomorrow

Edited by moderator for clarity

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali557

Hi again, made a couple of calls this morning and deliveries are being made to Asda and Morrisons in the coming days, might take a week to get to stores but apparently on way, this is one brand which they’ve not been able to keep up with demand for!

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I see it in Tesco all the time. I tried it, but it's too weak and watery for my taste. There's a few cans abandoned in my mother-in-law's garage. Same goes for the Skinny lager. By far the best low-carb beer I've tried has been Marston's Resolution, in terms of both taste and carbs per100g, but that seems to be unavailable everywhere at the minute and the brewery was recently very cagey about saying when they might brew some more - if ever.