1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Michelob Ultra

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by hels, Jul 31, 2020.

1. hels

hels Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Where stocks Michelob Ultra these days? Sainsbury's round me seems to have stopped stocking it and I bought the last couple cans in Co-op a few weeks ago and they haven't got any more in since. I can't find any online either.

And I really fancy a cold beer.......

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi @hels I looked at Tesco online after many others and they don't seem to be out of stock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. michita

michita Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Being a low carber, I stopped drinking beer 4 years ago but it’s so hot and I do fancy a cold beer ... I’m going to look for this beer tomorrow in my Tesco :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wayward Blood

Wayward Blood Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was managing to get this in my local Co-op, although I've not been in since before lockdown started (I stopped drinking in solidarity with my pregnant wife, and we're not having alcohol until she stops breastfeeding). It does seem to be really hit-and-miss though; my local Morrisons doesn't stock it, but the one in my parents' town does.

5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

As an alternative, Home Bargains do “Skinny Lager”, which I think tastes nicer. Same carbs.

6. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My wife breast fed my two daughters until they were each about 2 years old. So with a short break that would have been 4 years without alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. michita

michita Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My Tesco didn’t have this Michelob ultra but they sell quite few gluten free beers. Then I realised I’m also gluten intolerant so I need low carb gluten free beer. Might be easier to stick to wine

8. Ali557

Ali557 · Newbie

Hi, I’m in the north east and I’ve been looking for this for weeks! Supermarkets all seem to be completely out of stock. Not sure if you have any of the One Stop Shop chain round you but have been most successful there. Am going to start making some phone calls tomorrow

Edited by moderator for clarity

#8 Ali557, Aug 2, 2020 at 2:38 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2020
  9. Ali557

Ali557 · Newbie

Hi again, made a couple of calls this morning and deliveries are being made to Asda and Morrisons in the coming days, might take a week to get to stores but apparently on way, this is one brand which they’ve not been able to keep up with demand for!

10. KennyA

KennyA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I see it in Tesco all the time. I tried it, but it's too weak and watery for my taste. There's a few cans abandoned in my mother-in-law's garage. Same goes for the Skinny lager. By far the best low-carb beer I've tried has been Marston's Resolution, in terms of both taste and carbs per100g, but that seems to be unavailable everywhere at the minute and the brewery was recently very cagey about saying when they might brew some more - if ever.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook