Milk shake

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I have never been into cooked breakfast and usually had yogurt and fruit but recently my son gave me some whey powder. I make a shake with soya milk. Can you tell me if this would be classed as low carb???

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I just have coffee or tea with cream and don't eat anything in the morning.
I have heard that in some people whey protein can cause an insulin response so may be best avoided and also that soya milk is not recommended either although for the life of me I can't recall why but I stopped using it a while ago.
if you don't particularly like breakfast then a hot drink keeps me going all morning... or it may just be the double cream..

Reactions: lindiloo62

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello I have never been into cooked breakfast and usually had yogurt and fruit but recently my son gave me some whey powder. I make a shake with soya milk. Can you tell me if this would be classed as low carb???
Soya milk is low carb at around 2.5g per 100mls, however if you want a dairy free alternative that’s carb free try roasted unsweetened almond milk. Don’t forget to check the carb count on your whey powder too. I make carb free ‘milk’ shakes with almond milk and Crusha sugar free syrups.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only one way to tell for you personally and that is to test! Before you have it and 2 hours after as everyone is different.

Reactions: lindiloo62