Mindful Chef

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This looked interesting. At least a nod towards low carb dieting.

https://www.mindfulchef.com/?vouche...MIvseZo-CO4QIVTrvtCh13PwMqEAAYASAAEgII-_D_BwE

I’ve looked at this before, they talk about low carb dinners, then later and I quote “Recipes exclude gluten, and do so with panache, creating a nutrient dense meal that has a satisfying balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates from whole food sources” There is nowhere to find the carb counts (without signing up) as far as I can see yet you can view calories!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve looked at this before, they talk about low carb dinners, then later and I quote “Recipes exclude gluten, and do so with panache, creating a nutrient dense meal that has a satisfying balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates from whole food sources” There is nowhere to find the carb counts (without signing up) as far as I can see yet you can view calories!
Okay so it isn’t new. It popped up when I was looking through Facebook today.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It’s been advertised all over the tube for quite some time in London. Never looked at it though.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at the pictures of the food they look quite carby and very expensive - average £6.50 pp :greedy:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just done some digging in their FAQs. With the inclusion of beans and whole grains I doubt their idea of lower carb matches the level of most of the low carbers here!

4A435268-9968-45D8-9F53-CFE1A4275DE7.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just done some digging in their FAQs. With the inclusion of beans and whole grains I doubt their idea of lower carb matches the level of most of the low carbers here!

View attachment 31924

The nutritional information is there, although having closed the window where I had it, I don't have a link. The courgette noodles, tofu, olive and pesto option I clicked on was, from memory, just under 30gr per portion.

I have no issue with folks spending their money as they see fit, but I like my spiralised courgette, in particular, to be fresh, not in a vacuum bag (I assume) leeching its fluid out in transit.

Of course, I might be being very unkind there, but it seems like an expensive way to take delivery of what, in the recipe I looked at, is a stir fry.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @lovinglife, just looking at the images of some of their meals, there appears to be something too carby for me on every plate I saw...so that's as far as I got.

But it might be possible to snitch a few ideas with slightly modified lower carb ingredients :oops: - which is something I've occasionally found useful to do based on various recipes and other sources.

Robbity