Mini Insulin Pens-Read other thread

flemmycfc

Hello Everyone i am 16 and a type 1 diabetic and have been for 1 and a half years now .
For me when im going out i have to take so much with me , i would need a handbag to carry all the stuff in when im going out.
One of the very simple ideas i thought of would be Mini Isulin Pens with say maybe 90 units of insulin in maybe someting you could even have in your wallet.
the problem for me the pen is too big it just sticks out of my pocket and awkward to walk with but i think having mini insulin pens could change this.

What do you guys think?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Nice idea ! I know what you mean about taking loads of stuff out and this would really help ! Dragons Den for you I think :) I'm in !!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

flemmycfc

Thanks for the feedback appreciate it. i hope maybe something could may be done to make this happen as it would help so much.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is a great idea for when out and about, as Mo says you should be on Dragons Den:) Why not put your idea forward to the pen manufacturers?

flemmycfc

Thanks for the feedback. and i've thought about it but not sure they would listen to a 16 year old boy without a bit of backing him behind him.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks for the feedback. and i've thought about it but not sure they would listen to a 16 year old boy without a bit of backing him behind him.

I'm not so sure, age is irrelevant when it comes to thinking of good ideas that can benefit us all.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
True just not sure how i would go about this or who i would speak to any ideas?

Put the idea forward to the manufacturers (with the help of your parents) would be a good start, they'll either think its a cracking idea or dismiss it out of hand, good luck anyway!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Maybe draw up a few designs or something and you could start a poll on here. We vote if it's something we'd use. You then go to manufacturers with evidence. Good luck and don't think being 16 is a negative.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Not really lol ! How about start yourself a new thread here and ask anyone who is interested to leave a comment or something ? You could even do the same on Facebook ! Spread the word buddy and you never know ! Mind you, you then need to be careful somebody else won't steal your idea so there's always that risk unless you try to patent something ? Anyway, if the manufacturers see lots of people up for the idea, they may listen ! Good luck !

flemmycfc

Not really lol ! How about start yourself a new thread here and ask anyone who is interested to leave a comment or something ? You could even do the same on Facebook ! Spread the word buddy and you never know ! Mind you, you then need to be careful somebody else won't steal your idea so there's always that risk unless you try to patent something ? Anyway, if the manufacturers see lots of people up for the idea, they may listen ! Good luck !

appreciate your help

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I've voted ! Hope you get a good result ! It's little things like this that can sometimes make a big difference :)