Mini Med 640g power failure...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello,

Has anyone received a letter about the power failure 25 on the mini med 640g for software version 2.6D. I received this letter a fortnight ago....but didn't think anything of it as my pump had been absolutely fine....up until Sunday just gone, when I went through 3 batteries over the weekend and then had the dreaded power failure error...so I rang Medtronic...who were very helpful, and they have sorted the problem but are replacing my pump, as I have software 2.6D and 2,9 is the one not affected.

Any how, I was just wondering what is the actual difference between the two software's???

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had this happen a couple of time before they issued the letter both times the medtronic help line were very helpful with walking me through hot hard reset the pump. No idea what the difference is software is but as long as the fault is sorted. As the second time I went through 2 batteries in day. Was to lot was something to do with the internal battery not recharging

Saffron26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I had this happen to me a few weeks ago just before the letter arrived! The batteries were running out very quickly for a few days before and then I got 3 power errors during the night - each time it happened, I removed the reservoir and replaced it and the pump worked again. The following morning, I rang Medtronic and they arranged a replacement pump. Customer services were great dealing with it!

D

Deleted member 83869

Yeah, I got my replacement pump today too.....forgot to take my belt clip off of my old one though so I currently have no where to put my pump other than hold it D:

Medtronic customer services are brill though aren't they! :)

D

Deleted member 83869

My replacement pump came with a new belt clip!
Grrr I was so bloody annoyed lol! I've kind of tucked it into the waistband of my PJ bottoms but when I get up and walk it ends up falling down my trouser leg LOL!! x

denglfddd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had this happen a couple of time before they issued the letter both times the medtronic help line were very helpful with walking me through hot hard reset the pump. No idea what the difference is software is but as long as the fault is sorted. As the second time I went through 2 batteries in day. Was to lot was something to do with the internal battery not recharging

I'm having the same problem, how do I reset the insulin pump? I am very anxious now, and I hope I can get some help from you.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I'm having the same problem, how do I reset the insulin pump? I am very anxious now, and I hope I can get some help from you.

Hello this is a 4 year old thread so unlikely the original posters will respond - all pump issues need to be reported direct to Medtronic as they can run through a trouble shoot with you on the phone.