Mini trampolines / rebounding

glitter queen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am desperately searching but cant find any solid evidence relating to use of rebounders by type 1s. Anyone got any good links.

All i can find is old Dave Hall stuff which isnt very scientific or T1 specific.

Got a cheap 2nd hand rebounder at christmas. Am loving it. Do Dave Halls 10 min hard workout in the morning.

And 30 easy mins in eve. Early days yet but hoping will solve my insulin resistance from being low carb

Any other rebounders out there who can share their experiences & success.

So hoping that what Dave Hall says isnt tosh

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Just took a look at this.. Bouncing. Who doesn't like cranking up that track by House of pain & "jump around." :)

But there are (as with the videos you highlight.) some ambiguously bold claims with what's essentially a trampoline & his own "trademark" on his product?
There doesn't seem to be any "glass ceilings" on his beneficial claims.. Low, behold he even claims this helps singing with diaphragm support?

David certainly pushes it a little with the misleading on what I've found below..

"With the climb in those being diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes growing...what about those who are yet to be diagnosed? What about those who are sitting on the border of this disease, and could start to pull back the reigns before going over the cliff and avoiding medication and lifestyle changes that comes with being a diabetic."

http://www.cellerciserdiabeteshelp.com/rebounding-and-type-1-diabetes.html

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I purchased a used rebounder for $ 30 using it for 5-10 minutes a day ,my morning # dropped
from 7.3 to 6.3 (no food for 13 hr.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - I am type two and I have a big trampoline in the garden so rather off track - but it is useful as it is something which is handy and fun so more likely to be kept up. It is low impact on aging joints, it makes a good surface for practicing yoga or doing stretches and it increases strength and balancing ability, improves flexibility and stamina - and it is right that it is good for singers - also beneficial when constipated.
With a rebounder being smaller it might not be good for somethings the big one can be used for, but with being small enough to use indoors you get the benefit year round and I have to wait for the good weather.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But there are (as with the videos you highlight.) some ambiguously bold claims with what's essentially a trampoline & his own "trademark" on his product?
There doesn't seem to be any "glass ceilings" on his beneficial claims.. Low, behold he even claims this helps singing with diaphragm support?
Trampolines and glass ceilings are not a good combination.

Reactions: Jaylee

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well - I am type two and I have a big trampoline in the garden so rather off track - but it is useful as it is something which is handy and fun so more likely to be kept up. It is low impact on aging joints, it makes a good surface for practicing yoga or doing stretches and it increases strength and balancing ability, improves flexibility and stamina - and it is right that it is good for singers - also beneficial when constipated.
With a rebounder being smaller it might not be good for somethings the big one can be used for, but with being small enough to use indoors you get the benefit year round and I have to wait for the good weather.
thanks for this Re
. at 24 below these days its a perfect exercise

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for this Re
. at 24 below these days its a perfect exercise
We don't get many frosts here on the south coast of England - I get to watch the apple trees bloom and then turn green and then the apples growing from little pea size to being ripe, and then the leaves turn colour and drop - I quite miss it in the cold weather.