Mio infusion set for 640g

LilMissK90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Lack of sleep
Hey guys I am pretty new to the Medtronic 640g pump and use the mio infusion sets.... I have found that the adhesive irritates my skin and after the first day of wearing it I find myself itching the site area and want to take it out. Any solutions to stop the irritation as love the mio sets.
Thanks x

Pattipickle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey guys I am pretty new to the Medtronic 640g pump and use the mio infusion sets.... I have found that the adhesive irritates my skin and after the first day of wearing it I find myself itching the site area and want to take it out. Any solutions to stop the irritation as love the mio sets.
Thanks x
Similar problems, I'd be interested in any help too.

Reactions: LilMissK90

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is this the case for all the sites you have used?

I use the quick set but I imagine its the same adhesive material they use.....

I find it gets itchy at the three day mark, which is fortunate....

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @LilMissK90
welcome to the forum :)

I don't use that specific set but I used to get problems with skin irritation when I first started pumping

I use a barrier spray -- Cavilon works really well for me.
If you ask your GP -- you should be able to get it on prescription

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had a CGM (weekly change) before the pump for two weeks and almost made me go crazy with the itching!:inpain: Since i've had my pump and change it every 3 day it was red and itchy the first month or so then i must have gotten used to it since it doesn't now after having it for 6 months. I use the mio and 640g too :)

iHs

I think Cavilon can be bought from a pharmacy just in case GP is reluctant to prescribe. SkinSafe from Opus medical is good and a free sample can be posted. I also use LiftPlus to spray on sets that have a large adhesive patch on them and always use it to remove Dexcom sensors.

LilMissK90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Lack of sleep
I have had the pump now for just over a month, almost every site is the same, I have sensitive skin anyway but maybe I will try cavillon then. keep changing the set every two days as can't stand the itching, not much helps any more ideas would be great.
Thank you my lovelies xx

Reactions: himtoo