Type 2 Misleading results or not?

moey90moey90

Stopped dieting for 5 days to test some stuff
Fasting glucose at the start was about 4.2 mmol (75mg) but thats because of the low carb diet and weight loss.
Ive been eating everything...ice creams milkshales hot chocolates pizzas with atleast 6000 calories a day with atleast 500g of carbs of which most come from sugars.
Results
Day 1 : post prandial glucose 2 hours 5 mmol ( 90mg) ( maybe because of glycogen replenishment in muscles after depletion )
Day 2 and 3 didnt have the chance to measure blood glucose
Day 4 : fasting glucose at 5 mmol ( 90mg ) and post prandial 2 hours 5.5 mmol ( 99mg ) after eating lots of chocolate and drinking milkshakes
Day 5 : morning measure 5.1 mmol ( 92mg) and 1 hour post prandial 5.9mmol ( 106 mg ) and 2 hours post prandial 5.4 mmol ( 97mg )
Day 6 ( starting low carb again ) : fasting 5.2 mmol ( 94mg )
Day 4 i vomited a lot and day 5 had nausea the entire day

Anyone been through such results ?
And btw when i was diagnosed with diabetes i had a vit D3 ( hydroxylated ) level of 6 or something and ive been taking supplementation for months now and it went up to about 35 so im getting to the normal ranges again which is about 50 ng.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting glucose at the start was about 4.2 mmol (75mg) but thats because of the low carb diet and weight loss.
Ive been eating everything...ice creams milkshales hot chocolates pizzas with atleast 6000 calories a day with atleast 500g of carbs of which most come from sugars.
Results
Day 1 : post prandial glucose 2 hours 5 mmol ( 90mg) ( maybe because of glycogen replenishment in muscles after depletion )
Day 4 : fasting glucose at 5 mmol ( 90mg ) and post prandial 2 hours 5.5 mmol ( 99mg ) after eating lots of chocolate and drinking milkshakes
Day 5 : morning measure 5.1 mmol ( 92mg) and 1 hour post prandial 5.9mmol ( 106 mg ) and 2 hours post prandial 5.4 mmol ( 97mg )

And btw when i was diagnosed with diabetes i had a vit D3 ( hydroxylated ) level of 6 or something and ive been taking supplementation for months now and it went up to about 35 so im getting to the normal ranges again which is about 50 ng.
Those numbers look alright, though milkshakes and chocolates are fatty and they could slow down the peak. (As in, it'd come later or your bloodsugars stay elevated longer, but don't go as high as they would've without the fats. Usually when someone eats something particularly fatty with carbs, it's advisable to check at the 3 hour mark too). Also, I seem to remember you lost some weight, which might's influenced your insulin resistance some. All in all, I think you've made great progress... Just sorry about feeling ill. Did you test then? Usually when you're feeling off, blood sugars go up, would've been interesting to see what happened. (Though I could completely imagine you weren't feeling up to finger pricks...! I just know what happens to me when I get the flu or an infection. But with low carb I don't go above 9 still, even with steroid shots. So that's kind of useful to you to know, maybe. I dunno.)

Vitamin D deficiency was quite severe indeed...! That must've had one heck on an impact. Glad those numbers are going up now. No harm in a little extra salmon or tuna though. tastes better than just supplements. ;)

All in all you're looking good... Just keep in mind that if you go back to this way of eating permanently, you're going to force your pancreas to overproduce insulin again and the insulin-resistance, weight and all will be right back where you started. I get the wanting to experiment, but do know when to stop eh. And keep testing.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I probably wouldn't go to such extremes in experimenting. And has been mentioned that won't be maintainable. Out of curiosity, is that how you ate before being diagnosed?

Reactions: moey90moey90

moey90moey90

I probably wouldn't go to such extremes in experimenting. And has been mentioned that won't be maintainable. Out of curiosity, is that how you ate before being diagnosed?
Well before i was diagnosed i wasnt a big fan of sweets except cereals but i ate a lot of rice and pasta and pizzas and stuff lile that and i drank a lot of soda but i used to train powerlifting and then i got injured. Stoped for months but eating habits stayed the same then by coincidence was diagnosed. Dieted 3 months lost 25 kilos and glucose levels are all normal without medicatiom...so thats why i experimented.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Results

First of all well done on getting your Vit D back up to scratch there, was one of the things I ended up having to tackle as well in my journey this year.

A little extreme on the experiment but that's science for you, at least you have written it down. Honestly the vomiting is probably due to you shocking your body with that much fat and carbs but impressive results BG wise with it all. I've noticed the same myself in some of my forays, I seem to have a much more standard response to carbs now that I have lost the weight and taken the stress off my system with time restricted eating. Even to the point where I've been ill for the past week and sleeping terribly I've not even gone above the 5's in the morning.

Just be careful and don't let yourself fall into the trap of it be one hundred percent okay, you've been doing so well thus far from what I have seen of your journey.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Results

These numbers look really good, @moey90moey90. Definitely non-diabetic. So, a really great result.

Have also measured at 1 hour pp? When experimenting with new meals, personally I always like to catch the peak. So, I measure at half an hour and 1 hour and, if it isn't on the way down yet, also at 1 and a half hours (and maybe longer).

There is some research to suggest that it's not only high blood sugars that hurt us, but also the variability in blood sugar levels. Have you ever had a look at Jenny Ruhl's website bloodsugar 101, which reviews a lot of the research on this? Here is link to the discussion https://www.bloodsugar101.com/healthy-blood-sugar-targets.

Personally, I am not sure whether I could ever achieve a result like yours -- however I was diagnosed with way higher blood sugar levels than yours -- so one might argue that my metabolism was significantly more compromised. Fortunately, I really enjoy the low carb way of life, so won't mind living this way forever.

Anyway, really well done. Superb outcome.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Well before i was diagnosed i wasnt a big fan of sweets except cereals but i ate a lot of rice and pasta and pizzas and stuff lile that and i drank a lot of soda but i used to train powerlifting and then i got injured. Stoped for months but eating habits stayed the same then by coincidence was diagnosed. Dieted 3 months lost 25 kilos and glucose levels are all normal without medicatiom...so thats why i experimented.

Wow, that's a lot in 3 months.

Nice to see good bg results, I'd steer clear of eating the old way, I'd want to keep those levels normal. :)