Mission statement

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone,

I think there may be one or two forum members out there who feel that we are in some way inhospitable to ideas that stray from what is perceived as an agenda here. Let me try and clarify a couple of things.

Neither I, nor any other moderator, will ever attempt to discourage any member from continuing with any strategy they feel works for them, whatever it might be. This is not a single-issue party.

The perception that anyone will not find help and support here if they don't conform to a particular approach to medication, diet or lifestyle is mistaken. It has been repeated ad nauseam, but everyone is different, and those differences make our community stronger.

Those who join our forum and who have difficulties with their condition will often find a consensus of opinion from many diabetics who have faced similar issues. This is not an agenda, but hard won personal experience which we hope will benefit others to the extent it has benefitted some of us. Any advice given is simply that, advice based upon personal experience. If it does not conform to conventional wisdom commonly dispensed by official authorities, it is with good reason.

Whether anyone wishes to act upon that advice is a matter for their personal judgement.

fergus

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I second all Fergus had to say,and thank him for giving a definite statement to the community.We are all different.All diabetics are welcome on this site,to help each other and learn from each others experiences.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Can't agree more with Fergus.

Regards Graham.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
100% behind you, Fergus.

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
All I can say is thank goodness I've found this site and a big thank you to all the great advice I've been given by all the diabetics on here.

TeresaM

Dislikes
People (nurses and doctors mainly) who tell me its easy to control diabetes... i struggle!!
Sounds sensible to me!