1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Mixing Lancets and Lancing Devices

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by SugarFreeHaggis, May 18, 2020.

1. SugarFreeHaggis

SugarFreeHaggis · Newbie

I recently picked up my prescription of Lancets from the dispensary at my GP's and they have switched the brand from GlucoRX to Glucoject. fortunately I had a GlucoJect lancing device, however I much prefer the GlucoRX lancing device. They both appear to be the same size and appear to fit the GlucoRX lancing device. The blue one is the GlucoRX the green is the Glucoject.

lancets2.jpg Does anyone know if they are cross compatible?

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well if the new lancets fit (without any modification) in the lancing device you like just use that one :) I suspect most lancets like that are the same size anyways and will fit in many lancing devices.

3. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

If you have both devices, why not just try?

4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Wait.. you mean you're supposed to change them?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Muneeb

Muneeb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The only thing I would say in regards to this, as I had previous experience (with different brand). Although they looked the same and fitted ok, one type didn't sit tight in the holder, so when I used the pricking device it would be kind of loose and I got a very deep prick!.

Just something to bare in mind.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. UK T1

UK T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Do the lancets perhaps say which devices they're compatible with on the box? My surgery is good at changing my prescription for cheaper alternatives, but they always state they are still compatible with the devices I have.

Also, when I've changed glucose meters my diabetic team have automatically told my GP to update my prescription, but when I've then requested to stay on the old lancing device (smaller and more comfortable) they were completely fine with that. So it is worth contacting your surgery if you'd like to stay on your old lancing device.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook