Moderator Elections 2017: nominate your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We're looking for new moderators for 2017!

Every 2 years, we elect new moderators to help moderate the community. The Diabetes.co.uk Forum is the world's largest diabetes community with over 1.8m years of cumulative experience. Quite simply, people use the forum to ask questions, find support and share experiences - and when they use the forum, their health gets better too!

If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, you can tag them by typing @ and then the username - e.g. @Administrator @Giverny

How it works (in a nutshell)

1. Nominate Diabetes.co.uk forum members for moderator election in this thread
2. Members are asked whether they'd like to stand for the moderator election
3. Elections happen
4. Moderators are elected!

Thank you! :)

FAQs

Will there be a voting thread?

Yes, this is the nomination thread; we'll update the nominee list below! :) Nominations close on 12th March (i.e. this upcoming Sunday). The voting thread will be created on the 13th March.

Can people self-nominate?

Yes.

What is expected of a Mod?

Helping the community run smoothly - involving ensuring posts are in the right place, on topic, allowing conversation to grow and generally checking in to help people along their journey within the community. The only prerequisite is you use the forum regularly!

Currently nominated

@Brunneria
@azure
@lovinglife
@Pipp
@Winnie53
@Jaylee
@Enclave
@NoCrbs4Me
@ickihun
@GrantGam

*Nominations closed :)*

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I retired from being a moderator a few years ago, mainly due to a nasty accident I had. There are now a lot more moderators than before and I find most are very good, helpful and understanding. They are a lifeline when the whip needs to be cracked.
Great jobs Mods :) and thank you @JohnEGreen and @lovinglife :)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O thank you @Snapsy thats very kind. I think I have lots to learn before considering whether moderating is something I could do!
Don't do yourself an injustice - for me what I want from a moderator is a person who can be impartial and fair and deal with things without judging in situations that may arise rather than someone who has a vast knowledge of a subject, the only thing that anyone here is an expert on is themselves - give it a go - I think you would be great :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the nominations.

This time last year I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole (understatement!), but a lot of things have changed so that I now feel better able to try and give it my best (if I get voted in, of course!).

So yes, @CaptainWard and @Administrator, I'm in, if enough people want me.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the nominations.

This time last year I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole (understatement!), but a lot of things have changed so that I now feel better able to try and give it my best (if I get voted in, of course!).

So yes, @CaptainWard and @Administrator, I'm in, if enough people want me.

I want you as moderator an excellent choice

but actually the now residing moderators are doing a great job , so thank you so much to all of you ..for all your work here.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to @Brunneria for accepting the challenge, you would certainly get my vote, however a small caviat, only if an existing Mod wishes to step down, or the number of Mods increases.
@Pipp peace seems more frequent here than some forums I have frequented in the past, in fact I would go as far as to claim that these forums represent all that is good about the interweb thingy

D

Deleted member 308541

We're looking for new moderators for 2017!

Every 2 years, we elect new moderators to help moderate the community.
I hope some of the new moderators who are chosen, are from other countries and not just the UK timezone.

This is the best way of controlling spammers, trolls etc.

Please do not nominate me as I have done a lot of modding / admin stuff at various forums and I have had enough.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @Tipetoo that it would be a good idea to have some non-UK moderators to cover times when UK mods are not available. I think @chalup would qualify on that score, plus she's proven herself to be a very helpful poster on the forum :)

Also agree with all the other people who have nominated @Brunneria. She'd make an excellent addition to the moderating team.

Status
Not open for further replies.