Moderator Elections 2017: nominate your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to @Brunneria for accepting the challenge, you would certainly get my vote, however a small caviat, only if an existing Mod wishes to step down, or the number of Mods increases.
@Pipp peace seems more frequent here than some forums I have frequented in the past, in fact I would go as far as to claim that these forums represent all that is good about the interweb thingy
Of course you are right, @walnut_face .
Which goes to show that moderators are doing a fine job, and is why I have asked for clarification from @CaptainWard regarding current moderators.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, if @Administrator is going to run the elections like last time, there will be a thread for voting posted in due course, so whilst it's good to see everyone's enthusiasm on here, I'd just ask folks t keep their eyes peeled for the voting thread.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guys, if @Administrator is going to run the elections like last time, there will be a thread for voting posted in due course, so whilst it's good to see everyone's enthusiasm on here, I'd just ask folks t keep their eyes peeled for the voting thread.
@AndBreathe Do you mean this is the nomination thread, which is to be kept separate to the voting?

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Because I also disagree with this entire process. Good moderators will have very different qualities than popular forum members. The people who are most qualified to select a new moderator are the ones who are already doing the job.
Also...if you had been here longer you would realise that the ones already doing the job were elected by this same process :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you to everyone who has spoken up in support of me, but can we stop that now?
I'm blown away by your comments, but my blush has reached my toes, and there is nowhere left for it to go!

I would like to nominate a couple of people myself (and hopefully shift the thread back to other people's nominations :) )

@chalup (for all the reasons mentioned above)
@Chook (who declined her nomination last time, but that doesn't stop me suggesting her again)
@Snapsy (whose T1 contributions to T2 threads are always wonderful, helpful and very welcome)

and I wish @Spiker was still around, but he hasn't posted for ages so I'm not nominating him. Hopefully he is off living his life with good health and a steady diet of coleslaw and low carb sausages!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Brunneria - thank you for your nomination but, once again, I'd prefer to decline.

I agree with the others, Brunneria would make an excellent moderator.

Reactions: Freema and debrasue

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
There may be people who would be interested in the job, but are unsure what it entails. Perhaps one of the existing Mods could tell us a bit about it? Do you get given the 1.00am to 4.00am slot and spend the small hours deleting posts advertising miracle cures, how does it work? There aren't that many major rows to sort out, or perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.
Sally

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ladybird64 - If I recall last time, some people did self nominate. Again, as I recall, last time there were at least as many declinatures by nominees as there were acceptances. As someone said, earlier in the thread, it is a voluntary position, and some people either feel they already have enough on their plate, with work, family life, or whatever, or just know it would drive them bonkers.

@sallyand james - There are no duty slots, as like the rest of the membership we have "stuff" going on that doesn't always run according schedule. I'll tag @Administrator to bring his attention to your query and the the others on the thread thus far, and hopefully he will make comment.

Being the weekend, he may not necessarily be around until the new week..

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
@ladybird64 - If I recall last time, some people did self nominate. Again, as I recall, last time there were at least as many declinatures by nominees as there were acceptances. As someone said, earlier in the thread, it is a voluntary position, and some people either feel they already have enough on their plate, with work, family life, or whatever, or just know it would drive them bonkers.

@sallyand james - There are no duty slots, as like the rest of the membership we have "stuff" going on that doesn't always run according schedule. I'll tag @Administrator to bring his attention to your query and the the others on the thread thus far, and hopefully he will make comment.

Being the weekend, he may not necessarily be around until the new week..

Hi @AndBreathe, yes, I remember the process last time - and also how it became more than a bit sidetracked lol.
That's why I wish the nomination process was simpler, and more private.

Anyway, we shall see. I have a feeling this one is going to go the same way, hopefully not.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Thank you for the nominations.

This time last year I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole (understatement!), but a lot of things have changed so that I now feel better able to try and give it my best (if I get voted in, of course!).

So yes, @CaptainWard and @Administrator, I'm in, if enough people want me.
I do! Go @Brunneria!!

Reactions: Liam1955

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you to everyone who has spoken up in support of me, but can we stop that now?
I'm blown away by your comments, but my blush has reached my toes, and there is nowhere left for it to go!

I would like to nominate a couple of people myself (and hopefully shift the thread back to other people's nominations :) )

@chalup (for all the reasons mentioned above)
@Chook (who declined her nomination last time, but that doesn't stop me suggesting her again)
@Snapsy (whose T1 contributions to T2 threads are always wonderful, helpful and very welcome)

and I wish @Spiker was still around, but he hasn't posted for ages so I'm not nominating him. Hopefully he is off living his life with good health and a steady diet of coleslaw and low carb sausages!
Hope he's ok .. just remembered I really miss him !!!!!

Reactions: Liam1955
Status
Not open for further replies.